chapter 22

Lila's pov

Brantley was still all bristled up even though Dr. Dumbass had been gone for over an hour. Luckily we were able to get our stories straight before the sheriff arrived to take our report. It seamed to be to our benefit he filed a report before us since it made him sound like a mad man. The sheriff did not look happy about any of this. "Brantley, son, I've known you since you were knee high to a grass hopper. The stories I could tell this pretty lady." I could see the pain in Brantley's eyes as the sheriff steeped closer to me and he tried to behave himself; tried his damnedest not to growl. The man knew the sheriff was here to help. But the wolf was still on High alert. So I stepped closer to him and felt him ease just a bit. "Oh I'm sure you could sir." I tried my best to defuse the situation the sheriff was oblivious to. "That being said, I'm well aware Brantley can handle himself, but I still think you both should file charges and restraining orders. That way if shots are fired..." The sheriff directed that part more to Brantley than me. "Then we have all our ducks in a row and you'll be less likely to get in trouble. And I strongly suggest you teach this one how to shoot. You can be with her 24/7 and neither can I." That's a damn good point. When he's gone I'll tell B that's exactly what I want to do. This ass hat isn't going to control my life. Once all the papers were signed and the sheriff made a copy of our security footage Brantley and I decided to drive back to the man house. It wasn't a long drive as far as miles go, but he was still so furious I could taste it in the air. Maybe I should try to comfort him when we get home.....