chapter 17

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615

I heard when Lila put the key in the lock. Smelled her before she got near the door. But it had been so long, and I was feeling playful. The closer she got, the easier it was to breath. These past 2 weeks have been hell. The longer a wolf is away from his mate, the worse it gets. The bond between two mates is so strong, that it causes a physical pain. My chest ached, my skin felt too tight, my wolf needed to shift. To run. To get out all that pain. I knew she was only working. But I needed her here, and I knew she was feeling it too. I flashed back to a moment last week with my biker buds. We had all shifted and went for a run, when they found me I was sitting alone on top of a high boulder, howling up at the moon in mourning. Mate's grief, we called it. They tried to console me, but only my Lila could fix this. I snapped back to reality when she approached the couch. I could hear her giggling quietly, trying to sneak up on me. We both knew I was awake, but I kept up the charade and let her have her fun. Little Lila tiptoed closer, and just when she leaned down towards me, I jumped up and grabbed her, spun us around, and had her flat on the couch underneath me in seconds. She squealed happily, bursting into a fit of giggles. "Brantley!!!" She exclaimed and locked her mouth to mine. She kissed me desperately, growling when I pulled back. I growled right back at her watched her squirm and whine beneath me. I hauled her up off the couch and headed towards her bedroom. It was time to re-stake my claim. I set her on her feet, and stepped back. "Strip. Slowly." I rumbled. Lila moaned and started to shed her clothing, one layer at a time. Deciding to be coy, she turned her back to me when she was down to just her panties. Some purple silky number that looked fantastic against her creamy skin. She bent at the waist and lowered them to the floor, ass up in the air. I growled and pounced on her, flinging her on to the bed and flipping her to her back. Before she could catch her breath, I was on her. Nuzzling her neck, nipping her mark. She writhed beneath me, her chest heaving. I inched my way down her body, lapping at one breast and then the other, scraping gently with my teeth. Then I was moving again, I nipped her belly button. Ran my hands down her sides. Stroked her thighs. "God you smell so fuckin good baby.." I growled and inhaled deeply. Vanilla, and lavender, and honey. She was all soft and sweet. The wolf was close to the seri face tonight. I knew Lila could feel it too. I growled and pressed my face between her splayed thighs, lapping at her like a starved man. God she tasted like heaven. "So sweet... So goddamn pretty.." I rumbled. Lila screeched and screamed and clawed her way to an orgasm that had her crying out in a strangled sob. Her entire little body was still trembling when I pulled back and wiped my mouth. I stripped and climbed into bed next to her and pulled up the covers, intent to just hold her close. "But what about you?" Lila asked, already half asleep. "Hush little one. You're exhausted, just let me hold you. Rest now, I'm here." I purred the way she liked it, and she melted into me, drifting off nearly instantly. I wasn't far behind her. I buried my nose in her neck, and fell asleep with Lila clinging to me for dear life.