chapter 18

Lila's pov

Finally getting a full night's sleep was exactly what I needed. Well not just that. I'm over the moon now that I have my Brantley by my side.... For now.... Just watching him sleep with his head on my chest made me content. But I couldn't shake the thought of him leaving. It made me feel physically sick. His gruff groggy morning voice was sexy as hell but nearly scared me to death since I thought he was still asleep. "Lila baby calm down sweetie. I'm not going anywhere without out darlin." How did he know that's what I was thinking? "Because I can sense emotions remember? Add that to the fact that you're now officially my mate and that makes it 10 times stronger. Almost like being able to read your mind but not quite. I can piece it together, because I know what's going on." His explanation made since. He felt my sadness then my confusion so he pieced it together. "Then what do we do now? I can't keep doing this. It will kill me. Heck I've be so spaced out at work its awful. I can't even...." He cute me off with a soft kiss. "It's simple. Turn in your two month notice. I'll stay here and help you pack. Then we move you to Georgia. Half the month we stay at my, OUR, cabin." He smiled proudly to himself. It made me feel all kinds of giddy when he claimed me like that. "The last half near the full moon we stay at Paul's place so we can run. You can see your furry patients in two different place since they are not that far apart." It was so simple if was perfect. Two homes for the two stages of our lives. I was so overwhelmed I started getting theory eyed. B just smiled up at me sweetly. "Why am I so blubbery? Is this a wolf thing too?" "Sorta." His answer had a hint of hesitation. "Everything is heightened now... So now that your close to your "female cycle" you'll pretty much be a basket case. Plus its even closer to the full moon. So this could get very interesting." Oh dear god. Is that his way of saying I'm going to be an emotional and horney mess? Ya that satisfied devilish grin is a definite yes.