chapter 19

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615

Lila out in her notice the very next day. The partner she had at the veterinary clinic was incredible. So incredible, in fact, that she made Lila an offer to buy out the practice. She had been thinking of going off on her own as well, so there was no notice needed. She wrote Lila a check them and there. Done deal. Now we just had to move my sweet girl down to Georgia, and it would be perfect.

-2 weeks later-

I wasn't kidding when I told Lila her cycle was coming up. We were hauling the last load of her things down to my house. Just as we crossed the Georgia state line, Lila froze. "Uh oh...." She whispered and looked at me with wide eyes. "Umm... Brantley..." She squealed out with red cheeks. But I was already exiting off the interstate to pull into the nearest gas station. "I know baby, I figured it would hit ya any minute now." I said. She looked at me crazy. "I could smell it." I explained as I parked the truck. Her cheeks went even redder and she locked her knees together tightly. "Oh my God!" She hid her face in her hands and sat still as a statue. I cracked up and pried her hands away from her face. "Baby stop. It's just your period. Nothing horrible. It's natural honey, nothing to get all embarrassed over. I told you it would be coming soon." I explained, trying to soothe her. Didn't bother me any. Mostly, it made me want to fuck her. Strange, I know. But it's a wolf thing. This meant she was soon to be fertile, which also meant we'd have to stock up on condoms. The wolf was seeing pups. The man knew Lila would clean my clock if I spoke my thoughts aloud. She peeked at me through her fingers. "You're not weirded out?" She squeaked. "Why? Because you're bleeding?" I snorted. I extended my canine teeth and punctured the pad of my thumb, then showed her. "See? Now I'm bleeding too. We're even." I grinned and kissed her quickly. She shook her head, finally relaxing. We headed inside and i directed her straight to the bathroom, promising to grab some supplies and bring them to her. As I was checking out, I grabbed an assortment of chocolate candy bars and a bottle of Midol, and paid for my purchases, quickly returning to Lila. Once we were back on the road I looked at her. "Lil I have to warn you.." I started. She looked at me as she nibbled on the candy happily. "I'm going to be extremely possessive over you until you're cycles over. More so than usual even. I just wanted to give you a heads up. It's a wolf thing." I explained. She nodded happily and continued to snack, content with her goodies. I shook my head and laughed, tugging her against my side. When we got to the house, we unloaded half the truck and trailer, then Headed to Paul's cabin to drop off the rest. Once there, Lila yawned widely and swayed on her feet. "Go lie down Lila, I'll unload this little bit we have left princess." I told her. She didn't argue for once. I finished moving the last few boxes then headed inside. "Wake up sleeping beauty." I kissed Lilas head. She had fallen asleep on the couch. "Wanna go for a run before we head home?" I asked hopefully. She yawned and snuggled back into the couch. "You go. I'll be fine, I promise." She mumbled. "Are you sure? I don't mind staying here." I told her. She nodded. "Go ahead Brantley, just hurry back." She smiled and reached for me. I kissed her and promised to be back soon. I wouldn't go far, just in case, but I needed to stretch my legs. So I shifted and took off.