chapter 24

Lila's pov

A steaming hot shower; a long one. That's what I need. "B I'm hopping in the shower." I yelled back into the bedroom as I started the water. "I'll be right there doll." The excitement in his voice turned pitiful sad when I told him no. "B if you get I here too I will be late to do the morning check for our weekend patients. " You are NOT going alone! Dumbass could show back up any time!" The anger in his voice made my blood run cold. He must have since my fear because he softened his expression when he came in the bathroom and sat on the sink. It looked like a kids toy next to his massive form. "I know you said you don't want to him babe, but its the weekend, you'll be the only one there. So I'm going. And when you go in on Monday you'll be taking my 45." He was right. No since in taking the risk. So after my shower I threw on a pair of jeans, a hoodie, and my favorite black sketchers. B was waiting on my in the kitchen. He was in his typical all black Harley gear and had a travel cup of hot coffee waiting for me. "Aw thanks handsome." I said sweetly. But as I took the coffee I also snatched his keys and bolted for the truck. Needless to say I didn't get far. He caught me in less than 10 steps and now had me hoisted over his shoulder. Total shock doesn't cover my reaction to his next movements. I expected a lecture, that's not what I got. Instead he opened the driver door, put me in the driver seat, buckled me in, then shut the door for me. When he climbed in the passenger side he slid to the middle and slid the key in the ignition. "Oh don't worry, you'll pay for this later when we get back home. I'll remind you who the boss is. Now drive before I come to my senses and change my mind. Just be careful with my other baby." 20 minutes later, I purposely took the long way, we made it to the office. I was proud of myself. I parked the big damn black beast in one try. Bs playful mocking comment as I unlocked the first set of kennels, made me bust up. "Look at you strutting along all cocky. Don't get use to that. That's my job!" We both laughed. "Ok, so one more to let out. This should be fun..." Brantley could sense I was nervous. "Explain Lila. I don't like the vibes I'm picking up." That wasn't a question. It's pathetic how twisted he makes me when he's all demanding. The half smirk on his face told me he caught that too. "So in the room behind you is out only surgical weekend patients. The other we're boarding. But this guy is a hand full. Owner says he's a husky and shepherd mix. I'm 99% sure, after meeting you that this guy is a hybrid and he's aggressive to everyone, but me.... So you should probably go back in the room and just watch through the window." I trailed off and let my words sink in. The look on Brantley's face was all kinds of pissed off. "If you think, for one split second, some other male wolf is going to chase me away from MY woman, MY mate, you really need your head checked baby girl. Ain't happening. So I be right here by this door." Brantley then stood at his full height and crossed his arms waiting on me to get this over with. As soon as I opened the door and blaze, the dog, got a glance of Brantley he snarled. Great. Now what do I do? I went back to say something to B, but when I looked he was gone. Then I saw him.... In wolf form and he was pissed. He scratched the main door until I opened it then nodded his head. I didn't know what he wanted so I shrugged. That's when he pulled me out of the room my the back of my shirt and all hell broke loose. I'm now freaking out on top of the exam table while to full grown wolfs fight over me!