chapter 15

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615

The next morning I sat by the window waiting for Lila to wake up. I was in wolf form, anxious for a run. But I couldn't possibly leave me new little mate. I hopped up on the bed and moved over her, nuzzling her jaw trying to wake her. She stretched languidly and purred. "Good morning Brantley." She smiled sleepily. She finally cracked her eyes open when I didn't respond. She grinned and kissed my snout. I hopped out of bed and drug the covers off of her, she squealed and tried to snag the blankets. I yipped once and nudged her out of bed. Lila stood on shakey legs and wobbled to the bathroom to shower and dress. When she was done, I nudged her towards the front door. "Where are we going?" "What are you doing?" She asked so many questions I just shook my head. Screw it. Standing on the cabin's front porch, I figured I'd just go for it. Circling around behind her, I crouched down and shoved my head between her legs and wedged myself between her thighs. Standing again, her feet dangled off the ground and she scrambled to hang on. I bounced her once, sliding her further down my back so she could steady herself. When she was more solidly seated, I took off. Lila giggled when I started running, squealing as I leapt over creeks and stray boulders in my path. I ran until I reached my favorite spot. A rocky ledge that jutted out over a pristine valley. I stood tall and howled loudly. Lila laid her torso down so that she was flush against my back as I turned and made my way to a grassy clearing. I crouched and let Lila off, then shifted. "I'll never get used to that." She smiled widely. I chuckled. I was 10 years old when I first shifted. I remember my family was sitting down eating supper one night, and it just happened. All of a sudden there was this little wolf pup on the table eating everything. My dad was so proud." I chuckled, remembering the moment. Lila giggled, and winced as she sat down. I tugged her into my lap and nuzzled her hair. Then dropped a kiss to her mark. She shivered. "I'm sorry. I got too rough with you." I told her with a frown. She grinned. "No you didn't." "I did." I frowned again. Growling at myself. I knew better than to touch her when I was so on edge. "I wasn't complaining. A little soreness never killed anyone." She blushed. "Not like I was complaining." She giggled shyly. I chuckled and nipped her neck. She snuggled in close to my chest, curling in on herself to avoid the chill in the air. "How are you not freezing? You're naked." She asked. "I run hot. Come on little human, let's get you back to the cabin. Climb on." I said and shifted. Lila hopped right on, no hesitancy this time, and I ran us back to the cabin. After I shifted and dressed, I came out of the bathroom to see Lila in the kitchen, whipping up a full spread for breakfast. She was bundled up in my hoodie, and I was bare chested in gym shorts. Winter was coming, and a chill had set in. My little human was cold natured. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. She melted. I smelt her desire spike as I pressed more fully against her. She moaned when one of my hands slid into her sweats, and the other loosely wrapped around her throat. "Turn off the stove Lila." I growled in her ear, knowing it drove her crazy. She quickly turned it off, and I lowered us both to the floor, too impatient to make it to the bedroom.