chapter 27

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615tion a user

After a week more of harassing Lila and I, Dr. dumbass was finally arrested. We were able to file all kinds of neat charges on his ass. Because he kept insisting that I was a wolf, he ended up in the psych ward, which was just fine by me. We were all at the house celebrating when Lila got home from work. She had a mother pup just have a litter, so she made sure to stop by at least twice a day and check on them. The pack had folded her in with open arms, welcoming her and making her feel right at home. They took a real liking to my sweet little mate. She pulled into the driveway and came out on the back porch where we all were hanging out. "So?? What's the news?" She asked me excitedly. I tugged her down into my lap and explained the sentencing. She whooped in excitement. "Thank God! No more stress!" She sighed happily and slumped into my chest. I laughed and nuzzled her mark. "Besides, all that worry and stress isn't good for the bab- oh!" She quickly slapped her hands over her mouth. I continued rocking us in the wooden rocker. "It's about damn time you realized it." I said calmly. She looked at me with wide eyes, and then to the pack when they agreed with me. "Wait what?! How did YOU know?" She squeaked. "I could smell it princess. Pregnancy changes your hormone levels. Your scent changes. You smell more like me now. But sweeter. I can sense my pup in there." I told her happily, covering her torso with my hand. She grinned. "No surprising you then." She laughed. "It's not a pup, it's a baby Brantley." I grinned. "Only for now, but that's a pup. He'll have my genes. He's the first born, so when he hits puberty, he'll take over for me as Alpha. And his younger brother or sister will be his Beta, his second in command. Much like Kolby is to me." I explained, all the while rubbing Lila's stomach. She purred happily, content to let me hold her. "Is that why all you guys have been so protective lately?" She asked sleepily. "Yes ma'am, that's our future Alpha. You're our Luna. We always protect what's ours." One of the pack members said. Lila smiled and snuggled in close to me. I was a damn happy man right now. I had my pack. My mate. My child. Life was good, and it was about to get even better. I sat on my porch, rocking my my mate and unborn pup, looking out over my pack, my property. I had truly been blessed in this life. I had been looking for Lila for many years, now that I found her, I'd never let go. I'd protect her. Provide for her. Give her as many pups as she wanted, or babies, as the humans called them. I smiled to myself. My sweet little human was fast asleep, clutching my hand tightly in both of hers. I was damn lucky, and blessed beyond my wildest dreams.