chapter 21

Brantley's POV: SPaige0615gh at Lila. She was so irritated that she couldn't even talk. "And he just... Looked at me! I mean... He... I... Ugh! Little pervert!" She growled. As she was checking out the storefront for her practice earlier today, that same little shit head dr pulled up along side of her. He recognized Lila since she had the window down, and pulled in to chat. "He just kept flirting with me. Knowing DAMN well we're together! Does he have a death wish or something?" She huffed again. She was adorable when she was all wound up. We were unpacking some of our things at Paul's cabin, clothes, knock knacks, things like that, when Lila started telling me about her day. She was able to sign the lease on the storefront with no problems. But Benjamin Carter, also known as Dr. Dumbass, was becoming a thorn in my side. Anytime he saw Lila, he was always hitting on her, getting a little too close for comfort. As we finished sorting through the last box, I looked over at Lila, she was dead on her feet. "Why don't you lay down for a bit princess? Catch a quick nap. I'll go for a quick run, then cook supper when I get back." I told her and nudged her towards the couch. She nodded sleepily and snuggled into my jacket as I laid it over her. I kissed her forehead and headed outside to shift and stretch my legs.

-1 hour later-

I was getting ready to head back to the cabin when I heard it I was standing in my favorite clearing in the woods, and that's when I heard her. Lila. She was screaming bloody murder, and my chest seized in terror. She was terrified. I roared and took off, running as fast as my four paws would carry me. I made it to the cabin in record time, crashing through the front door, not caring that it splintered apart. I let out a feral roar, baring my teeth savagely. Lila was crying, steadily backing away from Dr. Dumbass. She was holding her cheek where a red hand print was forming. Oh. Hell. No. He hit her. He out his hands on her. My mate. MINE! The wolf in my lost it then. I saw red and launched myself at him, making sure not to knock Lila down in the process. Benjamin backed himself into a corner and out his hands up. I easily tackled him to the floor and stood over him, snarling and trembling and rage. I was ready to rip his throat out with my teeth, and I nearly did. "BRANTLEY NO!" Lila shrieked causing me to look over at her. "Don't kill him! He's not worth it! Brantley!" She yelled desperately. Her little hands wrapped around my knock and she tried to drag me away, I wasn't having it. I stood my ground. "Wait.. Brantley? What?" The dr stuttered. I shifted then, keeping Lila in my arms as I did. When I stood, I tucked her in close behind me. "Consider yourself lucky to be alive. I catch you near my woman again, I'm gonna rip your throat out with my teeth." I growled lowly. The dr made it to his feet then. "I saw what you did! I'll expose you to everyone! This isn't over! You hear me? The world will know what a freak of nature you are!" He threatened as he retreated from the cabin. I stood tall and let out a bone chilling howl, spreading my arms wide, my eyes flaring. When I looked back at him, he was terrified. Good.

The Animal Insideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें