Chapter 21: Training With The Uchiha(s)

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure

"Namikaze Hikari, Hokage-sama has requested your prescence."

Hikari looked up at the Chunin, who looked only a few years older than herself, and nodded at him.

She finished her ramen noodles quickly, throwing the money on the counter and followed the ninja out of the shop. As she walked through the town, many of the villagers greeted her with enthusiasm all because of her title.

Nonetheless, she smiled politely at them all, making her way to the Hokage's building. She entered the building, greeting the other ninjas there politely, and made her way to his door.

She knocked, waiting for a response.

"Come in." He called out.

Hikari opened the door, walking into the room. Her cerulean blue eyes lit up in surprise when she saw that Hiruzen Sarutobi was not alone.

"Oh Kakashi. What a pleasant surprise."

He smiled at her, or at least that's what she guessed it was; she could never be too sure with his mask.

"You requested for me, Hokage-sama?" Hikari asked, turning her attention to the hokage. 

"Yes, I was waiting for you to show up." He stated. "Kakashi, you are training Uchiha Sasuke correct?" 

It wasn't exactly a question, more like a statement which Kakashi confirmed with a nod.

"And Hikari, you have been doing nothing lately right?"

The blonde didn't know whether to take offense to that statement or not. After all, it was him that assigned the missions and she hasn't had one since the Chunin exams began. She simply nodded.

A small smile made its way onto his face as he nodded to himself. 

"Good, I need you to help Kakashi train Sasuke. With Orochimaru back, we don't know when he will attack again, but we can never be to careful. I know that you are familiar with the jutsus of the Uchiha clan and you have faced Orochimaru before so you know what to expect." 

This came as a surprise to Hikari who never once thought about training the younger Uchiha. She hadn't even spoken to him before. However, as she contemplated this, she remembered that she was supposed to be watching over him and this would fall under that category.

"I understand." She stated, looking at Kakashi from the corner of her eyes.

His face showed indifference, but his eyes told a different story; they showed curiosity, bewilderment, and another flash of emotion that she couldn't decipher.

"Good. I don't want to tell you have to train your student, but you should start soon." The Hokage stated.

"We'll start tomorrow at 10." Kakashi said before turning towards Hikari. "Meet at the training grounds."

Both figures nodded.

"Thank you. That is all."

The silver haired ninja nodded before leaving the room. Hikari turned to follow, but stopped when she heard her name being called.

"Yes?" She asked, turning back towards Hiruzen.

"I chose you for this because I also want you to help him develop his Sharingan. Kakashi is a great help with his own, but if there's any person in this world who knows the Sharingan to the same level of a Uchiha, it's you."

Hikari nodded, before disappearing, leaving a puff of smoke behind her. 

She arrived back at her house, collapsing on the couch; she couldn't help it as memories overtook her mind.