Chapter 18: The Loss Of A True Ninja

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Hikari watched as a worker went over and began mopping up the blood. She glanced uncertainly at Naruto who had stayed remarkably quiet the entire time. It wasn't like him to be so quiet, something was definitely wrong. He even spaced himself out between the team and was standing on the opposite end to Kakashi, Sakura, and herself.

She heard chatter coming from the other Genins during this brief interval. She ignored them all though, and only continued staring at Naruto who looked deep in thought. He kept on staring at the blood on the floor that was getting mopped up, with a grimace on his face.

No doubt he was thinking about what had happened between Neji and Hinata. Hikari stopped looking at her little brother when a feeling of uneasiness washed over her. 

One thing she was good at was reading people and sensing what they are feeling. What she felt was dark, ominous; was it the Kyuubi? 

She briefly looked down at her brother, glancing at his eyes. People always said that the eyes are the window to the soul; you can tell a lot about a person through their eyes. 

Nothing about Naruto felt dark and ominous despite the grimace on his face. It wasn't the Kyuubi, it was something else. Was it Orochimaru?

She glanced around the arena, but saw no signs of him. She briefly looked at the lone Sound Nin, but then looked away. Though that Sound ninja was a student of Orochimaru and not one to mess with, he didn't have a dangerous aura surrounding him.

Something was off about this, if the Kyuubi and the Sound weren't the target of her uneasiness then who was? Hikari made a mental note to keep an eye out for the rest of the Genin through this exam. 

"Hey! What are you doing here?" The brown-haired Sand nin called to her little brother.

Hikari stared at him weirdly, and carefully watched Naruto. She wondered if she should go join him, but decided to let him work things out.

"Why aren't you standing with your teammates?" Kankuro asked.

"It doesn't matter to you…" Naruto answered, before turning back towards the battleground which was still being cleaned.

"His name's Hyuuga Neji, right?" Kankuro stated before continuing, "From the looks of that match, it seems that he hasn't used all of his powers. So what kind of a guy is he?"

It was like a light bulb turned on in Hikari's brain as she ignored whatever response her brother made. Her blue eyes roamed the other side of the arena where the ninjas from Sunagakure were.

Her eyes made eye contact with the tall blonde before looking away. The blonde definitely showed her threatening side during the battle, but it wasn't the same as the feeling she felt. She looked to the right where the sensei was and eyed him. 

'No, not him either,' She thought and then looked to the last one.