Chapter 19: The Closet Pervert Or The Open Pervert

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Hikari glanced over at the battle that came and ended quickly. She wasn't paying attention like she had with the other battles, she was too busy studying Gaara and thinking about the damage he just caused. There was something about him that both scared her, and at the same time enticed her. When she glanced between the redhead and her own little brother, she saw similarities in the two that made her just want to comfort the dangerous sand ninja. 

Perhaps he wouldn't appear to be so dangerous if someone actually cared and comforted him. 

Before she could think about it, the Genin she had her eyes on disappeared down towards the battlegrounds along with the rest of the Genins who made it through the preliminary rounds.

"To those who have made it to the main matches of the Chunin Exam's Third Exam… All but one are here, so congratulations." Hayate stated.

"Sensei?" She heard Sakura asking softly.

"Hm?" Kakashi responded looking down at her.

"May I ask something?" She began.

"About Sasuke? Well… Sorry, but I'm not sure myself. But don't worry about it." Kakashi said going into thought.

"Sakura, I'm going to leave, so tell me the details of the main matches later," Kakashi said and turned towards Hikari giving her a long look.

Before either kunoichis could say a word, he disappeared leaving smoke behind. Hikari sighed as well as Sakura, but for different purposes. She knew what that look meant, it was a look that Jiraiya often gave her. It meant to stay put, and don't do anything stupid.

She inwardly scoffed at the silver haired ninja's actions. She didn't make it to Anbu for being reckless and stupid. Hikari had a feeling that Kakashi went to visit Sasuke and as much as she wanted to figure out why, she couldn't just leave suddenly. It would only arouse Sakura's suspicion and curiosity.

"Do you know anything Hikari-san?" 

Hikari closed her eyes tightly and bit her lips before turning to face Sakura. She easily placed a fake smile on her face and smiled reassuringly at her.

"Don't worry about it Sakura. Kakashi knows what he's doing."

The pinkette looked at her doubtfully, but knew better than to question a person of higher ranks. 

Location: The outskirts of Konohagakure

The gray-haired ninja bowed down on one knee to his sensei, answering his unspoken question.

"The preliminary matches have concluded, and now they are about to begin the main matches."

His master in disguise crossed his arms and stared at the scenery around them, ignoring his answer. "This place has become so peaceful, no… This country has become soft, too used to peace."