Chapter 13: The Snake Returns

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure- Curse Sealing Room (Through the eyes of Satori)

Hikari could feel the fur on Satori begin to stick up as he backed up a few inches. Even though they could not see him, he was still so cautious and so scared of the new figure.

"You're…" Kakashi was frozen with shock, "Orochimaru." 

Just the name itself brought shivers all down her body and unwanted memories. Orochimaru was one of the only people that could get that type of reaction out of Hikari. 

There were a couple of too close encounters that she had with Orochimaru when she was younger and she had a feeling that if it weren't for Jiraiya, she would have ended up as an experiment in Orochimaru's lair.

Hikari shook her heads, before concentrating back on Satori, there was no time nor any need to go visit memory lane. 

"I'm sorry, but I have no business with you." Orochimaru stated, "But I do have business with the boy behind you."

"Why are you after Sasuke?" Kakashi questioned sharply.

"You're lucky, since you got what you wanted already." Orochimaru stated darkly.

Hikari nodded to herself, she was right, all he wanted was the Sharingan, and since he couldn't get Itachi's, he chased after the younger Uchiha. Everything that Itachi predicted had came true and the worse part was, Hikari knew and she didn't even try to prevent it.

"You didn't have that a long time ago." Orochimaru added motioning towards his eye, "That… Sharingan in your left eye. It want it too. Uchiha's powers, that is." 

"What is your purpose?" Kakashi asked.

"The recently-made Hidden Village of the Sound is mine." Orochimaru avoided his question, "You understand if I just say that, right?"

"What a stupid ambition." Kakashi answered boldly.

"Oh, my… That was blunt. But to accomplish my ambition, I need pieces to become my legs and arms and accomplish things for me." Orochimaru stated.

"So Sasuke is one of those pieces?"

"Not only Sasuke, but that Namikaze girl." Orochimaru answered.

Satori tensed up and started shuffling backwards as quietly as possible. He let out a soft whine, that went unnoticed by Orochimaru and Kakashi. 

"What do you want me with Hikari?" Kakashi was quick to answer, which surprised Hikari, she thought that he hated her.

"Getting friendly with her, hm Kakashi?" Orochimaru asked avoiding his question.

Kakashi ignored his snarky remark and waited for an answer.

Orochimaru continued to ignore his question, "No matter the girl wants nothing to do with you."

"And you know this how?" Kakashi couldn't help but let those words slip out of his mouth.

"Why she's already so smitten with another man." Orochimaru stated.

"And who might that be?" Kakashi asked curiously.

Orochimaru grinned widely as though he had just struck gold, "Why it's none other than Uchiha Itachi."

Hikari inhale a sharp breath of air as she nervously began to play with Satori's fur. 

"You're lying." Kakashi pointed out, narrowing his eyes at Orochimaru.

Orochimaru let out a short laugh, "You can chose not to believe it all you want, it's not going to change the truth about her."