Chapter 7: Blood Over Love

Sorry I haven't updated in quite a while. I made this chapter extra long... or at least I think I did lol. I'm starting to dedicate chapters to people who comment on my stories. So if you want a dedication comment!

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure

Hikari sighed as she turned the corner, onto a different street. She has been walking for quite a while. There wasn't anything for her to do. She still had 2 hours before meeting the Hokage for who knows what. 

As she turned another corner, she noticed a crowd of people by one of the stands. 

'What's going on?' Hikari thought as she noticed the angry vibe the people were giving off. Most of the people were talking in hushed whispers, but one voice was loud and boomed over the rest.

"Just get out of here!" The man's voice rang.

Hikari saw his hand colliding with something and knocking it over. Her eyes widened when she heard the object let out a short cry, it wasn't an object, it was as person. Naruto to be exact.

A smell of metallic flooded through the air, blood.

"No one wants you in the village!" The man continued.

Hikari watched as he moved until he was a foot from Naruto as he moved his leg back, getting ready to kick him.

The man threw his leg forward and waited for it to collide with the injured boy in front of him, but he was stopped shortly by a hand. Gasps were heard as he struggled out of the tight grip. Finally his foot was free, he turned to the person who stopped him, getting ready to start yelling, but quickly stopped himself.

His eyes were wide as he quickly apologized, "Hikari-sama! I was just teaching this young boy a lesson." 

Hikari's eyes narrowed onto his coal black ones, 'Teaching this young boy a lesson? A lesson in what? What kind of bullshit is this.'

"And may I ask what has he done?" She questioned coldly.

She could see that she was making him nervous due to the fact that his left leg and right hand has started shaking and the fact that he wouldn't look at her in the eye. 

"W-w-well." The man was feeling very inferior at the moment. 1. He was standing in front of the Namikaze Hikari. 2. There was a big crowd of people around them. 3. There wasn't a real reason for why he had hit the young blonde. 

"I see, you don't have a reason." The cold tone of her voice, made them all flinch.

"Don't do it again, unless you want to face me." She threatened.

He nodded rapidly, apologizing as he did, but she payed no attention to him. She bent down and reached out to give him a hand. Hesitantly, Naruto took it and she pulled him up. She grabbed onto his arm, supporting him, as she jumped onto the building, disappearing from the villager's eyes in a flash.

Once they were far from the villagers, she settled him down onto one of the benches. He didn't say anything, only continued staring at the ground.

"Are you okay?" She asked gingerly.

"W-why did you help me?" He questioned ignoring her question.

"Um, I just don't think it's right for them to be treating you like that." She half lied.

It was true that she did not want them treating her like that, but she mainly protected him because he was her little brother.

"They all hate me." He murmured to himself, "I thought they would have finally stopped looking down at me once I became a ninja. It stopped for a little while but it started happening again."