Chapter 10: Making A Difference

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure- Namikaze Mansion

Hikari laid on her satin duvet, on her side, staring out the window. Judging by the position of the sun, she could tell it was approximately 3:00 which means she still had 4 and a half hours till her so-called "date" with Kakashi.

She was debating whether or not she should cancel on dinner with him. Hikari was a good actress, she could feign being sick or whatever, but knowing him and his persistence, he would reschedule and keep rescheduling no matter what she does.

Hikari sighed, she might as well just suck it up and go to dinner with him. Besides, even if he said date, he couldn't possibly meant date right? It was probably just a slip up and she was overreacting.

Hikari turned and looked at her clock, 3:24. Even though she had a lot of time left to spare, Hikari jumped off of her queen-sized bed as she shuffled her way into her large bathroom. 

She decided to take a long shower, taking the time to just relax and channel her thoughts. Her thoughts were scrambled everywhere in her mind, literally bouncing off the walls. She had a feeling if Yamanaka Inoichi, who was Captain of the Intelligence Division of the Allied Shinobi Forces, were to use his mind technique and read her mind, he would get a big headache.

She hopped out of the shower when she was finished, wrapping a long fluffy royal blue towel around herself. She entered back into her room and went into the large walk-in closet.

She didn't have much clothes in there, only a few clothes that she bought this week. Her other clothes were from when she was very little and she knew that none of them would fit her.

Hikari decided that she would go shopping another day for clothes, for now she'll just have to make due.

Hikari threw on a black and grey striped turtleneck with a light cashmere grey sweater over it so only the top of her turtleneck shoes. She added three silver chain necklaces along with a loose dark brown belt around her hips, slanting downwards towards her shorts. She wore matching grey shorts with green rolls and she wore black boots that showed the top of her grey socks. She also added a black beret with a star and two leaves on it. 

She glanced at her appearance and nodded, pleased with how she looked, before walking out of her large mansion.

Normally she would not wear such casual clothes on a dinner date, but after all this was not a date, just a friendly dinner so she saw no reason to put on a dress or a skirt or anything.

She had to admit that she did look good, just not as good as she would normally look for a dinner. She also hoped that Kakashi would get a clue based on her outfit that this was not a "date" like he hoped for.

She found nothing wrong with Kakashi, he was nice and all, but she didn't know him that well and even if she did, she knew that she wouldn't be able to go out with him anyways. 

No, she wasn't being forced to not go out with him, but her heart wouldn't be able to accept him.

As cheesy and stupid that may have sound, it was the truth. She would not be able to accept another person into her life as long as her love was still in the world.

Hikari quickly shook her head as if that would rid the thoughts. She didn't want to be thinking about him during a time like this. She did not forget the reasons why she left him in the first place. Although she was still in love with him, Hikari couldn't see herself with him for many and important reasons.

Looking at the time, she knew that she still had over an hour until she had to meet up with Kakashi at The Shushuya restaurant. 

Hikari glanced up at the sky as she thought about how Naruto must have doing in the Chunin Exams. 3 days had passed so that meant that if he was not at the towers year he had a little less than 2 days to finish.