Chapter 16: The Underdog Will Win

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Hikari bit her tongue as the names unscrambled revealing the match that she was excited yet also worried for.

Uzumaki Naruto vs Inuzuka Kiba.

"My turn! My turn! My turn!" Naruto cheered

Hikari ignored him, turning towards Kiba. Kiba was also cheering for the same reasons as Naruto was. Hikari was familiar with the Inuzuka clan, they weren't a clan to be messed with, that's for sure. If Kiba was anything like his crazy mother, Tsume, then Naruto would be facing some problems.

Hikari has never personally worked with Tsume, but she's heard wild stories about her during missions before, and she has no reason not be live them. 

Still, she wasn't worried for Naruto. Sure, Kiba might be like his mother, but if Naruto was anything close to her, Minato, and Kushina, then Kiba is screwed. Hikari was also excited to see him fight for the first time. 

Naruto began walking down towards the arena. Hikari quickly pulled on his jacket, as he began walking in the air.

"W-what?" He asked annoyed.

His annoyed look disappeared when he saw Hikari smiling at him in a warm way. No, it wasn't like the warmth he got whenever he was around Sakura, it was a different type of love. He couldn't place a finger on it, but she looked so happy and proud at that moment.

She released her hold on his jacket, and put her hand on top of his head, patting his blonde spikes.

"Make me proud, Naruto." She said softly.

Naruto looked at her, as a wide smile overcame his face.

"I will! Believe it!" He shouted, as he ran down the stairs with more even more confidence. 

"Seventh match, Uzumaki Naruto vs Inuzuka Kiba." Hayate announced.

"Who do you think will win?" Kakashi whispered to Hikari.

She looked at him with slight shock that he was even talking to her after what occurred, her guess was that he wanted to forget about that situation.

"Naruto no doubt." Hikari answered loudly and proudly.

Kakashi let out a short laugh, "You really think so?"

She glared at him with her piercing blue eyes, "And you don't?"

He held up his hands as if in surrender, "No no. I'm not sure who will win, seems pretty even to me."

"Kiba's been training hard for the Chunin Exams. He's been training long after practice in the woods with Akamaru." Kurenai joined in, walking up to the two adults.