Chapter 6: The Written Exams

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure- First Examination Room

'There's a fight going on in the room.' Hikari noted when she felt a sudden disturbance in chakra in the room.

She silently hoped that her brother was not included in the fight. She had no idea how well Naruto was capable of fighting and she did not want him being included in those fights. She may not have met him, but she automatically felt a protectiveness over him, the type that only a sister can give.

She looked from the corners of her eyes and saw that Ibiki tensed up, he also knew of the fight that was going on and judging from his expression, he didn't like it. Ibiki moved his hands and made a hand sign.

Hikari watched as she and the others disappeared and reappeared in the room where all the Genin were. 

"Quiet down! You punks!" Was the first thing Ibiki said as they were summoned in the room.

Quicker than anyone could notice, Hikari moved from Ibiki and blended into the crowd of Genin. Hikari's eyes immediately wandered to look for a boy with blonde hair and bright blue eyes that matched her own. She immediately spotted him for not many people in the room had blonde hair and blue eyes. She almost laughed at the fact that he was wearing orange, practically a walking target. 

Her eyes also softened when she noticed that huge resemblance that he had with herself and their father. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Ibiki didn't look apologetic at all, "I am the examiner of the 1st test of the Chunin Selection Exam, Morino Ibiki." 

He pointed a finger at the three Genin from Otogakure, "You three from Otogakure don't think you can do anything you want before the exam. Do you want us to fail you already?" He questioned metaphorically.

"I'm sorry. I was excited, since this is my first exam." Answered the Genin whose face was wrapped and had a large brown porcupine-like shawl on his back.

'Sadistic bastard.' Hikari thought as she noticed that he attacked a person who seemed like a friend of Naruto's. 

Ibiki just smirked at his statement, before continuing, "This is a good chance to say you are not allowed to fight each other during the exam unless given permission by the examiners. Even if the permission is given, you are not allowed to kill the other. Pigs who go against me will fail immediately. Understood?"

While most of the Genin remained speechless, the other boy from Otogakure just sneered, "This exam seems so soft and easy." 

The other proctors began chuckling to themselves as did Hikari. 

"We will now begin the first exam of the Chunin Selection Exam. Turn in your applications, take one of these number tags, and sit where the number tells you to. Then we will pass out the papers for the written exam." Ibiki stated.

"Written..? Papers..? Paper..?" Questioned Naruto to himself, though everyone heard and smirked.

One of the proctors, Kotetsu held out the papers in his hands and moved them slightly as Naruto's eyes went wide. He fell to his hands in shock.

"A paper test!?" He yelled out loud.

Hikari mentally groaned. While she had an IQ over 200, her little brother was the opposite. Looks like she was the child who inherited the brains in the family.

Hikari sat in one of the chairs near the front of the room, but two rows behind her brother. A piece of paper and a pen was located right in front of her as she stared blankly at the Genin, particularly her brother in general who was located close to the front of the room. Naruto was scanning the room, sweat dropping nervously.