Chapter 11: The Preliminaries Begin

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure- The Arena For The Preliminaries

The exams had finished just 30 minutes ago and though the most of the competitors seemed tired and needed a good nights sleep, the next exams began almost immediately.

Hikari was invited to watch the third part of the exams and she stood in the lines with the other senseis, staying as far away from Kakashi as possible. After the whole ditching him thing at the dinner about 2 days ago, things were pretty awkward between the two of them.

She had a feeling that he was avoiding her just as much as she was avoiding him.

Hikari watched as Anko glanced at the remaining Genins left. Hikari felt a smile weave its way onto her face as she watched her brother and his team standing in a line. She knew that he would have passed the Forest of Death.

Most of the Genins were socializing with another, or well complaining. Most had dirt and skid marks on them and many had cuts as well. What interested Hikari the most was that the redhead from Sunagakure had no cuts on him at all. His teammates had a few on them, but he had no cuts at all.

Most would think that he did not participate at all since he had no cuts on himself, it looked as though the people who went against him put up no fight against him. Even when she was in the exams, she had gotten a few scratches and cuts from battles agains the other Genins.

There was something off about this boy and she was sure to keep an eye out for him. 

"Your team is pretty good." She heard Gai say to Kakashi, "Perhaps they were lucky. But as long as my team is here. They can't go any further. Since the next stage, personal abilities will be critical. Youth is sweet and sour, and sometimes strict, Kakashi." He boasted.

"Hm? Did you say something?" Kakashi asked cooly.

"Oh, my god!" Gai freaked out holding his head as he turned to the side with a clenched jaw and a fist,  muttering to himself. 

Hikari turned back to the Genin and she quickly found Gai's students. They seemed deep in thought, staring at Kakashi and Gai. 

"Just watch, Gai-sensei… I will shine, too!" The mini-Gai look-a-like called out, pumping his fist in the air. He probably had no even noticed that he spoked and yelled it out loud, though most people were staring at him.

"We will now have an explanation of the Third Exam from Hokage-sama. Everyone listen well." Anko announced as the attention turned from her onto Hiruzen.

"Hokage-sama, please do the honors." Anko stated lowly as she turned to face him.

He grunted yes, walking a few steps towards them, but still standing on the platform. He cleared his throat before beginning, "The Third Exam will begin. But before the explanation there's one thing I want to make clear to all of you. It's about the true purpose of this exam. Why we do a joint exam with the allied nations. 'To maintain good relations with the allied nations' and 'heighten the level of the ninja'… Do not let those reasons deceive you. This 'exam', so to speak, is… The epitome of a war between the allied nations." He stated.