Chapter 22: The Fourth Hokage's Legacy

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Location: Konohagakure- Training Grounds

Biting his thumb, he placed his palm on the ground.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

A puff of smoke appeared and the blonde blinked in confusion when he saw nothing. He moved his hand out of the way, revealing a tadpole.

"Alright!" He cheered.

"Wrong!" His sensei cut in.

"Why!?" Naruto demanded in irritation.

"How many times do I have to tell you!?" Jiraiya called out in frustration. "This is a tadpole, not a toad!"

"Take a good look!" Naruto shouted, pointing towards the squirming tadpole. "See? It's sprouted legs!"

"I said it's wrong! Do it again." Jiraiya called out, crossing his arms in irritation.

"Damn it." Naruto cursed. "Isn't there an easier way to do this?"

"Idiot! There's no such thing as shortcuts for ninjas!" The Sannin shouted back.

The two shouted back and froths, but right as Naruto was in the middle of his speech, he fell backwards, lightheaded.

Jiraiya sighed. "He's not there yet. And here I thought that Fourth's legacy would guide you through the finals." He stated, not aware that the boy could hear.

'The Fourth's legacy?' Naruto thought, right before closing his eyes and passing out.

Location: Konohagakure- Mountain Top

"Sasuke, one more time." The silver haired ninja demanded.

The Uchiha, placed his hands on his legs and panted. He then stood back up, his eyes brimming with determination. 

"Don't over-exhaust him Kakashi. The exams are tomorrow after all." Hikari stated, eyeing the state in which Sasuke was in.

Before either could say anything, the sound of a thousand birds filled the air. A loud collision followed after it and both shinobi looked at the destruction of the rocks with pride in their eyes.

"Great work Sasuke." Hikari praised, noting that there was even more damage than the first time.

Kakashi grunted in agreement. The Uchiha stepped backwards, admiring his work with a small smirk that was not visible to either of the two figures.

'I'm getting closer to my goal.' He thought.

Hikari looked over, noticing that the sun was now above her.