Chapter Two | Leigh

2 MONTHS AGO

2 MONTHS AGO

A classic song started to play on the radio. It was Sunday and Grace was still in bed. I turned up the volume a bit, enough not to wake up my sister. She could be scary at times.

          I swayed to the beat as I made my way to the door to get the newspaper. When I opened the door, a car pulled up across the street. A little girl ran outside with a doll in her hand. Then a woman followed her, calling her name. She was laughing. They were probably the new family Grace was talking about. She always got news ahead of time.

          I picked up the newspaper and when I was about to head back inside, a dirty blonde haired guy, maybe about my age, got out of the car. He was wearing sunglasses but I saw a glimpse of his smile. He looked pleasantly nice.

         "They're the new family," Grace appeared next to me, also watching the guy. "He looks nice."

         I sighed. "Everyone looks nice to you." I walked past her, rolling my eyes.

         "I bet." She closed the door behind her. "What is it with you and those classic songs? They're so boring." She sat beside me, slumping deep in the couch.

         "It's the kind of music I like. What's so wrong with that?"

         "What's so wrong with that is you're not an old soul. You're a 90's babies. 90's babies aren't old souls anymore. They're in between old souls and new generation. So I suggest you change your taste in music before I throw that radio so you can't turn up its volume again," she explained. There was no logical explanation to what she said and I wanted to disagree with her. Only, when I disagree with her, she'd still find her way to get past me.

           "Alright. You win," I muttered, flipping the newspaper to the next page.

           "I always win," she commented before standing up.

           I wanted to scream at her. I wanted to start a fight with her. But I couldn't. We're twins. We're on the same age but she got out a minute earlier, so that made her the eldest for a minute.

           "And just so you know..." she shouted from the kitchen. She's making her coffee. "...I've got the name of the guy. Shira told it to me yesterday. You want to know?"

           Tempting. I knew there's a catch to it though.

           "Maybe I'll just find out myself," I called after her.

           "Suit yourself."

                                                                                      ░ ▒ ░

Grace was out of the house for the rest of the afternoon. I was at the porch, reading a book when the guy came out of their house. He did some stretching and when he saw me looking at him, he waved. I looked back at my book and continue reading. I also made sure that the volume of my phone was on its peak so I wouldn't hear anything. But then a tap startled me.