Chapter Twenty-Four | Leigh

2 MONTHS AGO

2 MONTHS AGO

I woke up in my bed in our house. Grace was just about to go out of my room. I called her out and she smiled to me before walking towards me.

         "Do you need anything?" she asked, stroking me on my cheeks.

         I shook my head no. "What happened?" was what I asked.

         "You fainted." She chuckled. "It actually was hard work getting you in the car but it's okay, I still managed. You are heavier, Leigh. You might want to lessen something on your food intake." She winked at me before kissing me on the forehead. She got out of my room and I was left alone in my own room.

         I felt the walls drew closer to me. I couldn't breathe. I sat on the bed and leaned on the headboard. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged it.

         Even if I wanted to tell Grace what I found out, I couldn't bring myself to it. As much as Grace had hurt me, I didn't want to do the same to her. She's my sister and I loved her. I knew she loved me. She was just overwhelmed by the attention given to us.

         I got my diary in my drawer and wrote it there instead. All my hatred to both of them, I wrote it there. The diary was the first thing that could help me unleash all the hate I had within me.

         I let the words do its job.

        After letting all out my frustrations, I grabbed my jacket and waited until Grace was asleep. I peeked in her room and she was fast asleep. Percy hadn't read my text just yet I guess because he hadn't responded to me. I took all of my favorite stuffs and decided to go back to the cabin all by myself. But what I didn't know was how would I go there. I had to find a rental.

                                                                                   ░ ▒ ░    

The drive to the cabin was not like the one I had with Grace. I had to go lots of twists and turns. I felt like I was lost.

         I stopped the car. The night wind was cold. The leaves were swaying. Being surrounded by trees in the middle of the night was not something I imagined where I would be. I walked straight. This was the right path I could tell, not unless I drove on the other side and ended up on another woods.

         My phone finally rang. I supposed Percy got my message. I didn't answer it. When it stopped, I turned it off and dropped it on the ground. I wouldn't be needing that phone anymore. What I needed was a new life. I wanted to be with new people.

         "Are you lost?" someone asked.

         I stopped, tried to see who was there. "Show yourself," I said.

         "Are you lost?" she asked again.

         "I said show yourself."

         A girl around my age showed herself. She was holding a teddy bear and a pair of sunglasses was hanging on the V of her shirt. "Are you lost?" she asked again.