Chapter Ten | Leigh

2 MONTHS AGO

2 MONTHS AGO

It's been a week since Grace had started ignoring me. I tried everything I could do apologize to her but she didn't accept any. She was standing up with the decision of not talking to me and making me feel guiltier about it. Percy tried in all his might to talk to me but with Grace ignoring me, I couldn't just be out there with him. I had to fix my own problem first.

           I knocked on Grace's door but there's no answer on the other side. I pressed my ear on the door. I heard whisper. She was probably talking to someone on the phone. I knew Grace had friends. Unlike me, she could easily talk to anybody. She's cool and I hated myself for thinking that what she's doing was all just for herself. So I had to make it up to her. She had to forgive me.

          I breathed a deep sigh and knocked again. I pressed my ears to her door once more to know if she heard me this time. Her footsteps were the first thing I heard. I backed away and expected her to open the door but I only heard a loud bang inside her room. My eyes grew wide. I twisted the knob but it was locked.

           "Grace!" I banged on her door. "Grace, open up! What's going on there?"

           "Leave me alone!" she shouted and then she hissed.

           "Come on. You can't hate me forever. I'm sorry. Please open the door," I begged, hoping at least she would see that I was being sincere with my words.

           "Why don't you just run off to Percy? You like to be left alone, right? You want to grow up. I'm giving you the freedom to finally grow up on your own."

           "I'm sorry for saying all those things to you. I was wrong, I know. But you gotta understand—" Then the door opened wide.

            "Understand what? That you can do anything because we have no parents and you can do anything you want without informing the only family you have? That's bullshit, Leigh."

           I heard everything she said but my focus was on her bleeding arm. "Oh my God, Grace. You're bleeding." I was wide eyed, hers were in slits. I could see pure hate and disgust.

            "And you care because?" She shoved me to the side and walked past me.

            I ran after her, stopping her by the shoulder. "I'm your sister. We're twins. Before we argue more, let's cover up that wound first."

           She yanked my hand away. "We're twins, I know. But you want to be on your own. I'm leaving you alone."

           "You can't do this to me!" I shouted after her.

           She looked back at me. Her eyes were still the same, hate and disgust obvious in them. I never thought I'd see the day where my sister would hate me. She loved me and cared for me so much and I just gave her the reason to hate me the same.