Chapter Twenty-Seven | Leigh

I remembered everything now

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I remembered everything now. From the moment I drove alone to the cabin, to the walk I took. I met a girl my age but there was really no one. It was just me plotting on killing my sister. I planned it all along. Then my arrival at the cabin and meeting a man who had a knife with blood dripping on it. Those two person were me. How did that happen?

          "I believe you called us," the girl I met in the forest showed up. "There are things you don't like to do so you call us. From time to time, we emerge but only if necessary and needed," she explained.

         "We do things for you," the man said.

        "I can do things myself," I reasoned out.

        "Really? Like kill your sister?"

        I kept quiet.

        "See? You can't. That's why I'm here." The man was intimidating. He would've been the same age as dad but dad wouldn't kill anyone just because her daughter asked for it.

        "Do you want us to do something to Percy?" Chris, I now remembered her name, asked. She was grinning evilly, excitement visible in her eyes.

         "Don't touch him. He's not a bad person," I said, frowning at the thought of something bad happening to him.

         "Not a bad person, huh. What about Grace? Was she a bad person?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or you were the bad person and you couldn't take that she's nicer than you are?"

        "Stop! Stop, stop, stop!"

        "Grace," Percy knocked. "I mean, Leigh, open the door."

         "He's here," the man said, smirking. "Do you want me to answer the door for you?"

         "No. No one touches him. No one!"

         "Leigh, will you please open the door?"

         I stood up and slowly twisted the knob. I peeked at Percy. "What do you want?"

         "What's going on? I hear voices in there. Do you have companies?" he asked. He tried to look over through the space I'd given but I prevented him from looking inside. He shouldn't see Chris and the old man. They were the last people Percy would want to see.

         "There's no one in here. And you know what? You've mistaken me again for Leigh," I told him. I may be looked like Leigh, but I wasn't her. I'd never be her.

         He pursed his lips. "I'd talked to Officer Ryans about your sister," he said. I stayed quiet. "He wants to talk to you. He's on his way here."

         I looked down. Chris was talking to me. She was scared but I couldn't talk to her, not with Percy was around. "Why would he even talk to me about her?"