Chapter Twenty-Five | Leigh

My head was throbbing

My head was throbbing. I opened my eyes and saw I was in my bed. I didn't remember being in my bed. I sat up and looked around. I wasn't in my bed. I was in someone else's. The place looked manly.

         "Percy?" I called. I knew this room. This was Percy's. I'd been here when we went to the roof. I got out of bed and tried to remember how I got here. But nothing came in my mind.

         The door opened and Percy came in with a tray of food in his hands. "Oh, you're awake. Good morning," he said. He sat on the edge of the bed, placing the tray of food in the nightstand. "How's your head?"

        I touched my head. "It's throbbing. What happened?"

        "You don't remember?" he asked.

        I was as confused as him. I shook my head, looking away. "I don't."

        "I saw you outside the bathroom with a piece of a broken mirror in hand. Your arm was bleeding when I saw you and I think you must've hit your head. I called Officer Ryans to tell him what happened to you. They searched your house and saw no one in there," he explained. He took my hand in his. "Did someone attack you?"

         "I don't know." I got out of bed. I went over to the window and looked over to my house. "I don't know anymore. I don't know. After Leigh... Leigh..." I went back to Percy, kneeling to level him. "She's alive. She's the one who did it. She went to the house and tried to kill me."

         He tucked some hair behind my ear. "Leigh is dead, Grace. It's in the envelope, you told me. Office Ryans told you. Leigh is gone. And she won't kill you even if she's alive. She loved you so much," he said. He was trying to calm me down. I didn't find any comfort in his words.

        I got up and slapped him. "You don't know anything. She's... she's going to hurt me. I saw her last night. I saw her hit you. You were there, Percy. You were there."

         He stood up as well. He reached for my hand but I yanked it away from him. I didn't let him get any close to me. I was afraid that he might think I was becoming crazy. Leigh was alive. I knew what I saw. She hurt me. She was real.

         "Grace, no. I wasn't there."

        "But she hit you in the head!"

        "I'm perfectly fine."

         I grasped my hair, holding them tight in my hand. "No!" I screamed. "No. No. She's there." I fell to the floor like a cocoon. I kept on repeating Leigh's name. She was there. I knew she was real. She showed me how real she was. I could never go wrong.

         "Grace, what's wrong?"

         "Get your hands off of me!" I got up quick and ran outside. I went back to the house, locked all the doors and windows. I went to my room and locked it as well. What's happening to me?