Chapter Twenty | Grace

2 MONTHS AGO

2 MONTHS AGO

I woke up in my bed, feeling a loud buzz in my head. Then I realized it wasn't in my head. Someone was knocking on my door. I got up quick and opened it.

         Percy's eyes were bloodshot. He hadn't sleep.

         "What's going on?" I asked, confused.

         "Where's Leigh? I have to talk to her. She can't just break things to me through a text. Where is she?" he shouted.

          I cringed. "She's in her room."

          "She wasn't there!" he shouted again. "Where is she, Grace? If you're hiding her, show her up to me. Please."

          "She's in her room," I said. I walked past him and went to Leigh's room. "We went for a drive last night but we returned at the crack of dawn." I got inside the room and spotted no Leigh in bed. "Where is she?" I asked.

          Percy forcefully pulled me to face him. "Where is she, Grace?"

          "I don't know. Maybe she's in the bathroom. She got in her bed first."

          "Well as you can see, she isn't here. I have to talk to her, please." Percy fell onto his knees, holding my hand. I felt a wet dropped on my finger. He was crying. He was crying because Leigh broke up with him. He was crying because of her. He loved her so much.

           "I'll call her," I told him. I went to my room and dialed Leigh's number right away. It was ringing but then it directed to voicemail. I tried once more. The same thing happened.

           "She isn't answering, right?" Percy asked when he saw the reaction on my face.

          "I swear, we arrived here together. She fainted that's why we come home right away. She needed rest."

           "Well, as you can see, she' not here Grace. Where else she would go?"

           I recalled everything from the night we drove out.

           We went to the cabin. We talked for hours. She fainted. She woke up after thirty minutes. I told her that we had to go home. She agreed. She was asleep the whole ride home. I never saw her touch her phone. How come Percy received a text from her?

           "What time she texted you?" I asked.

           He looked at his phone. "An hour ago," he answered.

           I calculated the time. It wasn't connecting. We only arrived thirty minutes ago.

           "She never touched her phone. The moment we went out up to the point we arrived here, she never touched her phone. And we just got here thirty minutes ago or so. The point is, she never touched her phone so how come you received a message from her?"