Chapter 20: Artemis's reaction makes me happy I'm not a god

Even though I exited the tent before Thalia, she was two paces ahead of me as we walked to Artemis's tent. Nervous energy radiated from her. I tried to calm myself, but the closer we got to the tent and the more I thought of the dream, the shakier I got. When we teacher Artemis's tent, Thalia pounded on the door. (She knocked hard enough that Artemis would hear it and know that it was urgent but soft enough that she wouldn't wake up the hunters.) Thalia was about to knock again when the door swung open. A tired and irritated Artemis stood in the enterance way.
   "This better be important," she said. Thalia and I both nodded rapidly.
   "It is," Thalia told her. "I wouldn't have woken you if it wasn't." Artemis took one look at me and Thalia, saw our frantic appearances and proceeded to usher us into her tent.
   "What is going on," she asked getting right to the point. I opened my mouth, ready to explain, but then I shut it. I was physically incapable of repeating my nightmare. After I made eye contact with Thalia, I motioned for her to tell Artemis everything. While Thalia spoke, I made my way over to the couch. I sat down, closed my eyes, and tried (but failed miserably) to calm myself. I heard Thalia explain everything to Artemis, but their voices sounded hushed and distant. Before I knew it, I felt the couch dip on both sides of me; Thalia and Artemis were done talking. One of them, I had a feeling it was Artemis, placed her hand on my shoulder.
   "You will succeed on this quest," the owner of the hand was definitely Artemis. I opened my eyes and turned my head so I was facing her. "I am going to look into what you dreamt of and get to the bottom of this but you cannot let it throw you off. I do not care if they believe you will not be able to complete this quest, I have been following your progress for years and have full confidence that you will succeed. You are a strong, smart, and determined demigod; you can do this." I was genuinely touched by Artemis's faith in me. The confidence with what she spoke allowed me to calm down. I was no longer as panicked, now I was just angry. Angry at whoever these gods were for thinking they had a right to mess with me. I had too much on the line and there was no way I planned to let anyone get in my way of succeeding.
   "Thank you lady Artemis," I said, finally able to speak. "I really needed to hear that right now." She smiled at me before standing.
   "I am happy I could be of assistance," Artemis then faced Thalia. "I am leaving the Hunt in your hands for a day. Take care of all your fellow hunters. I will meet you at the Ohio-Indiana border tomorrow night." My head snapped so I was looking at Thalia, she looked confused and honored at the same time.
   "I will of course do everything in my power to protect them and we shall meet you there tomorrow," Thalia said and then continued speaking. "But my lady, if you do not mind me asking, where are you going?" I hoped Artemis didn't mind her asking because I was curious to know the answer. A cold and stormy look washed over Artemis's face.
   "I apparently have three relatives that need to visit Tartarus so I'll be holding a meeting on Olympus," with that she exited the tent and was gone. Thalia and I looked at each other, both clearly thinking how grateful we were not be one of the other Olympian gods at the moment.