Chapter 54: Michaels memory

This morning was the first time ever that most of the Hermes cabin was up before breakfast. And by most of the Hermes cabin, it was everyone besides Michael. It had officially been a week since Michael had lost his memory; today was rumored to be the day that it was supposed to come back. But no one, not even Will knew when during the day that it would come back. All of the Hermes campers watched as Michael started to stir. No one said a word as he opened his eyes and sat up. Even after he gave them a weird look for staring, not a single one of his siblings had the ability to look away. They watched as Michael slowly stood up and climbed up the ladder that allowed him to reach Jessica's bed. All of them saw a look of confusion appear on his face. Michael turned his head so he was looking at as many of his brothers and sisters that he could spot.
"Where's Jessica?" He asked. Before anyone could answer him, a look of realization appeared on his face. "I'm going to kill him." Jumping off of the top bunk, Michael landed with ease on his feat. He pulled out his sword from under his bed. To fast for anyone to stop him, Michael sprinted out of the cabin.
"This can't be good," Michaels brother Francis said.
"We better go follow him," one of the senior campers Rebeca said. A murmur of agreement passed across all of Michaels siblings. Everyone jumped from where they were sitting and raced towards the door. When they first stepped outside, no one knew where they should go to look for him. Then they heard what sounded like a yelling match coming from the pavilion. Once they reached it, they found a huge crowd watching some scene unfold. Michaels siblings shoved their way to the front of the crowd and stared in horror and awe at the event in front of them.
Ares senior camper, James Daniel Johnson, was on one side of the table while young nine year old Michael was on the other. Michael was wielding his sword while James was empty handed. Despite being much older than Michael, James looked terrified. Michael looked furious.
"What the hell did you do to my sister,"Michael screamed. Small conversations started to break out across the pavilion. One thing everyone was now sure of was that Michaels memory was back. "Why couldn't you just leave her alone? Why did you have to call attention to her, do you know how hard it was to get her to come to that training session?" Michael charged around one side of the table, trying to catch James. James quickly sprinted away so he was standing where Michael had been.
"I don't know what you're talking about," James stuttered out. It was clear to everyone that he was lying.
"Oh really," Michael said darkly. "Maybe I should refresh your memory. You, as someone who knows that my sister hates being the center of attention, called her out and said that she should help with your demonstration. I then volunteered to take her place, you agreed, you fought me, and then you actually fought me." Gasps came from the crowd of campers. Without taking his eyes off of James, Michael addressed the crowd. "You heard me. Now I don't know what lies you've been fed about what happened to my memory but now you know the truth. James here agreed to let me help him with his demonstration and then he decided to use all of his force against me. Last thing I remember before I woke up in the infirmary was a sword violently smashing me on top of my head." Cries of outrage from the Hermes campers, and even some campers who weren't related to Michael, were heard. James looked all around him, he noticed that many of his fellow campers looked angry at him.
"That's, that's not exactly how it went down." James stuttered out. Michael rolled his eyes.
"You're lying." Michael yelled at him. Michael looked like he was ready to say more but Chiron appeared at the scene.
"What is going on," he asked. All side conversation stopped. Neither Michael or James spoke, the two were to busy glaring at each other to respond. "Don't make me ask you this again, what is going on." Chiron's tone made it clear that he was not in the mood to put up with their behavior. James spoke up.
"I was just coming here for breakfast when Michael over there came and charged at me." This caught Chiron's attention. Michael, needing his story to be heard, finally spoke.
"I only charged him because of what he did to me and what he did to Jessica." Chiron's head snapped towards Michael.
"You remember who Jessica is?" He asked. Michael nodded. "That's great, you finally got your memory back." Again Michael nodded, but he wasn't smiling.
"Chiron, is Jessica okay?" The anger in Michaels voice was gone. All that was there was worry and love. Chiron looked the poor boy in the eyes. He was tempted to lie to Michael, but he couldn't. The boy had been through enough.
"I don't know," Chiron said truthfully. "I haven't heard from her since she left camp." Michael listened intently. Once he was Chiron was done, he glared once more at James.
"You better pray that Jessica is alright," Michael snapped. "If she is not than you will wish you were never born." With that, Michael shoved past all of the spectators and sprinted away from the crowd. Some of his siblings looked like they were about to follow him when Chiron shook his head.
"Let the boy be," he told everyone. "Michael needs to be alone right now." With that Chiron galloped off. Behind him he left a group of campers that were angry and terrified at the same time. But for once, they were all wishing that Jessica would return safely to camp. No one wanted to see Michael suffer any more than he already had. Also, many needed to apologize. They realized now that Jessica was innocent in every regard that they had ever labeled her guilty in.