Chapter 49: A worried Hunt

The other hunters and Artemis ran after Jessica, they were all scared for her safety. Each and everyone of them knew why she had ran, they recognized Michaels voice, but they had all recognized the high probability that it was a trick. As they ran they worried. As powerful as Jessica was, they knew she was blinded by her emotions. She was vulnerable. Thalia cursed herself for not immediately chasing after Jessica. Thalia cared about her like she was a little sister. If something happened to Jessica, Thalia wouldn't know what to feel.
   But out of everyone, it was Artemis who felt beyond guilty. She had done something that she almost never did, kept a secret from her hunters. Artemis knew these woods; two demigods, one girl and one boy, that she were quite fond of had been born in them. She had found out the identity of Jessica's father in these woods. Jessica had even lived in them for some time. Artemis hadn't wanted to enter them, she was scared Jessica would remember where they were.
   Artemis had a feeling as to where Jessica was and the small cabin in the clearing, Jessica's old home, was where she was trying to get to. But whoever had organized this trap was well prepared. Monster after monster appeared in the path of the Hunt. The monsters weren't there to kill though, they only appeared to be trying to stall the Hunt. They were succeeding. As they were battling with a particularly large pack of hellhounds, Artemis felt a sharp pain in side of her. It was a sign that one of her hunters was injured and in trouble; she knew that hunter was Jessica. With a freighting battle cry, Artemis charged at the group of monsters and killed them at unnatural speed. Looking at the awed and worried faces of her hunters that were not behind her, Artemis spoke.
   "We must hurry," she said. "Jessica is hurt and in danger." With that, she started sprinting in the direction of the clearing. The only thought in Artemis's head was a prayer that they would get there fast enough.