Chapter 55: The seventh morning

My eyes flew open as I woke up. I felt refreshed and relaxed; then I remembered what was going to happen today. Today was the day that I was going to meet my father. The same
father whose identity that I had wanted to know for years. But it was also this Olympian God who would rather I be dead than know his identity. If it weren't for the fact that I knew Artemis would be with me, I wasn't sure if I would have the bravery to face him. Looking across the tent, I saw that Thalia was up.
"Good morning," I said happily. She chuckled at me.
"I wonder why you're so chipper this morning," I laughed at her response.
"I'm also extra chipper to copy what you're saying, as a way to mask the fear and nerves that our currently racing through my body." I told her truthfully. Thalia's facial expression immediately became more serious.
"It'll be ok," Thalia told me. "I don't know how I know that but I just do. Everything is going to work out." I shot her a small smile. Standing up, I changed from my pajamas into a normal outfit.
"I sure hope you're right." I started heading towards the door. "I'd stay and wait for you to be ready, but I have a feeling that Artemis and I will be leaving soon." With that I exited the tent. Just before the door closed, I heard her shout,
"Good luck." Walking through the campsite, I saw some of the hunters. They all smiled and also wished me luck. Then I got to Artemis. She smiled when she saw me.
"How are you feeling this morning?" Artemis asked me.
"I feel very well rested, that's for sure." I told her.
"I'm glad to hear that." She said in response. "And I think you'll be happy to hear that I just got off of an Iris-message with Chiron: Michaels memory is back." A surge of relief ran through my body. "Now before we leave, do you have any questions for me about what happened yesterday?" I thought about it but then I shrugged. All of my questions needed to be asked on Olympus.
"How exactly are we getting to Olympus?" I asked Artemis. Giving me a sly smile, Artemis whistled loudly. From the sky swooped down to Pegasus. I recognized them as two of the older ones from camp. I looked at Artemis confused.
"I pulled some straws with my good old uncle Poseidon and he agreed to send these two to come help get us to Olympus." A smile appeared in my face. I loved flying, it made feel free. "Morning lieutenant," looking behind me, I found Thalia.
"M'lady," Thalia said with a smile. "I just came to the see two of you off. Then I'll be helping hold down the fort until you two get back later tonight." Before I could say anything, Thalia threw her arms around me and wrapped me in a hug. "Everything's going to be ok," she whispered in my ear before letting me go. She wiped a tear from her cheek. "You guys best be off. Leaving all of the gods together for to long never ends well." With that as our farewell, Artemis and I each got onto a Pegasus, and were soon flying high in the sky. Taking a deep breath I let my mind relax and my curiosity lead me as we traveled to Olympus.