Epilogue

Thomas's body was found five days later. His mother and sister were given their letters, the fans found out about his death through a news report:

Thomas Brodie Sangster commits suicide age 23, supposedly because his unconfirmed boyfriend, Dylan O'Brien, died from unknown causes. His body was found in his London flat on the 1st September 2013 and his actual death date is currently unconfirmed, reportedly estimated to be around the 28th August. This talented actor is a great loss to Hollywood and fans all across the world will be distraught about this great loss. It is currently undecided whether his and O'Brien's recently filmed movie, The Maze Runner, will ever be released due to these two tragic and unexpected deaths. Best wishes are with his family and friends, thank you and goodnight.

Meanwhile:

I lay there for I don't know how long. Exhaustion eventually consumed me and I fell asleep. Well, no I didn't, I was dead.

                 A blinding light flashed in my eyes and Dylan's face appeared ten centimetres from my face. He was there! Dylan! My Dylan was there! "Thomas," He spoke in a monotone voice, "This wasn't your time. You needed to stay." My heart (or whatever encases my feelings now) lurched. Oh God. "But I love you no matter what and always will," He pressed his lips into mine, enticing me to kiss back. I was so confused. Where was I? What was going on? Why were we still in our bodies? It didn't matter right now. Time would provide me with those answers but for now, I had in my arms what I here came for and nothing else mattered. Love is forever. In this moment I realised I had not been chasing Dylan, I had not been taking the easy way out, I had been following my heart. And my heart belonged in Dylan's. No matter where we go or what happens or what this mess of life and death is, I love Dylan and he loves me and that is the only thing that matters.

                I've left everyone and everything I else behind, but I've followed my heart and put it where it belongs. I don't consider this a happy ending because I've left behind my family and friends, my career, all my fans and everything I enjoyed in life,  but I have achieved my goal. I have no idea what this place is or how it works, but I have him so even if the ending isn't happy, I am.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! Thank you so so so much for reading this! I hope you enjoyed it and I can't believe it already has 1.6k! I think my next thing is going to be a Phanfiction (Dan and Phil) but I will definitely do some more maze runner Dylmas/Newtmas related things after that so if you're not in the Phandom, don't worry.

On another note: I have exams next week and today I managed to burn my left index finger on a boiling hot pan. This wouldn't be a problem, but of course I am left handed and now I can't write with a pen... wish me luck...