Just Like Old Times

Olivia paced back and forth in her apartment the next morning instead of getting dressed for work. She had three different outfits chosen and was disgusted that all of a sudden her wardrobe meant so much to her. She knew why, it was because of Elliot. They were supposed to be staking out Jesse Minor today after there were some red flags that came up in his background check. She was supposed to be at the station in 30 minutes and she wasn't even dressed yet.

"Unbelievable," she mumbled to herself when she looked at herself in the mirror. Noah was drinking a bottle sitting on her bed and stopped every now and then to laugh at his mom. Olivia finally settled on an outfit and took Noah to the living room to wait for Lucy who was running a little late. After texting Fin to tell him she may be a little late for their morning meeting before the stakeout she proceeded to clean up a little while she waited for her.

When there was a knock on the door, Olivia ran to open it without looking in the peephole assuming it was Lucy. She was surprised to find Elliot at her door with two coffees.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came by to pick you up. Here, I assume you still like coffee," he said handing her the cup.

"Can I come in?"

"Uhh..," Olivia hesitated. She didn't want Elliot meeting Noah and she thought being inside her house was just a bit too intimate for where they were in their dealings right now.

"Hey Olivia, sorry I'm running late," Lucy said rushing down the hall and into the apartment. Her timing was perfect.

"No worries. Ill see you later," Olivia said as she ushered Elliot to the elevator.

In the elevator she didn't say anything and stayed on the opposite side from him. Her mind was going a mile a minute. He almost saw Noah and she didn't know what if anything she wanted him to know about her life. She also couldn't believe he just showed up like everything was back to normal. She agreed to let him work on the case because he made a good point that even after everything they had gone through she still trusted him with her life.

Elliot just stared at Olivia as they rode down in the elevator willing her to make eye contact with him. He felt that familiar magnetic charge between them and he shook his head trying to reset himself. He wondered if she felt it too. He was shocked to see he felt the attraction to her stronger than he ever did before. It was like they hadn't missed a beat.

As they finally made it to the first floor Elliot motioned for Olivia to head out of the door first.

"Ill drive," he stated matter of factly.

"No thanks, we are doing the stakeout in my car so I may as well drive or you can take your car too."

"Does it make sense for both of us to drive to the same destination?"

"I don't feel like arguing with you. We are already running late, either get in my car or drive your own."

"Yes boss," he said as he opened the door to the passenger seat.

The drive over was very quiet and he kept taking peeks in her direction to see if she would spark up a conversation but he could tell she was deep in thought. It was just ten minutes to the station and it seemed that for once there wasn't crazy traffic so they were there in no time.

Walking into the squadroom the team was already waiting for Olivia to get there to brief them on everything. Elliot walked a few steps behind her but almost everyone was paying attention to the body language between the two of them. Elliot stayed back with the rest of the officers while Olivia stood front and center. Barba walked in just as she was getting started.