Awkward

"Umm. Are you sure?" Olivia asked hesitantly.

"Of course come on in there is plenty," Kathy said cheerfully and opened the door more to allow her in.

Olivia searched Elliot's face for whether or not she should actually accept but he seemed as genuinely shocked as she was. Not wanting to make the situation even more awkward she walked in.

Kathy and Elliot exchanged a glance that didn't go unnoticed by Olivia as she walked in the house.

"This handsome guy must be Noah," she said.

"Uhh yeah Kathy this is Olivia's son Noah that we talked about," Elliot said.

He was trying to snap back into the moment and be as natural as possible. He didn't want Olivia to leave but he worried that being there with his ex-wife would make her uncomfortable.

"It's Olivia!" Eli said as he jumped from his chair and ran over to her.

"Wow honey, you haven't seen her since you were like 2 years old. You still remember her?" Kathy asked surprised.

"Unh Unh. I saw her walking in front of her house when daddy and me drove by. Hunh Dad?"

Elliot froze. Olivia and Kathy's head turned to look at him at the same time.

"Hey son why don't we go show Olivia and Noah where the ice cream is so they can have some too," he said while patting Eli's head and hoping his son wouldn't say anything else that would embarrass him.

He headed towards the dining area and started to scoop ice cream trying his best to change the subject. The two women followed him with Olivia still holding on to Noah who was starting to be more vocal.

"Mama. Ice cree," Noah said pointing as everyone chuckled. Elliot started to fix him a bowl as soon as he saw his excitement.

"Yes honey, Ice cream," she said putting him down. "Ice cream is one of his favorites", she explained to Kathy who was now right beside her.

Kathy stood back and watched as Noah walked towards Elliot who had his ice cream and Olivia trailed close behind being over protective making sure he wouldn't fall or wonder off from his destination.

"Ill help him with it Olivia," Eli volunteered as he walked over to the three of them.

Kathy couldn't deny how comfortable they all seemed with each other. She noted that Elliot and Olivia tried to play down their contact with one another and she assumed it was because of her presence.

Everyone made their way back to the table as Olivia talked to Eli who she hadn't seen in years and was happy to see what a well adjusted little boy he was. There was so much that happened around him over the past years but you wouldn't know it by how joyful he was. She especially enjoyed watching the interaction between Eli and Elliot. He was definitely his father's son and Elliot seemed much more relaxed around him. His positive attitude was contagious. Kathy asked Olivia random small talk questions which she gladly answered but she couldn't shake the feeling that Elliot's ex-wife was trying to size her up. It made her uncomfortable but she tried her best to hold her composure in front of him and the kids. If things were going to work out with Elliot then this was going to be her future.

As they wrapped up eating sundaes and talking, Kathy got up to clean up.

"Oh Kath, you don't have to do that," Elliot said getting up to help.

"Nonsense. You fixed everything the least I could do is help pick up. Why don't you and the little guys go play outside or something while Olivia and I tidy up in here?"