Meet the Stablers

It was the day before the Lieutenant's exam and Olivia was more on edge than usual. She didn't understand why she was getting so worked up over a test because she wasn't this stressed out over the other exam but she couldn't shake an anxious feeling in the pit of her stomach. Her detectives spent the day staying as far away from her as possible and only went in her office when they were summoned.

"I can't wait until she takes that damn test and get it over with. She's been a bear for the past couple of weeks," Amanda said. "And Elliot's been gone for a few weeks so that can't be helping."

"Yeah and I think she's not really sleeping too. I'm sure it will all be over soon. He should be back in a week or so or I'm calling him myself," Nick said. "How's your studying going Fin?"

"Oh you know me. I don't sweat the small stuff. It's all up here," he said pointing to his head.

"Oh geez."

"Ok Warner just called. She got something for us on the Reed homicide and wants us down at the ME's office. Who's coming with?" Olivia asked barreling out of her office.

Everyone looked at each other not wanting to make it obvious that they were not up for a car ride and spending any extra time with her.

"Hey Sarge Ill go with you," Carisi volunteered.

"Ok, let's go."

The ride to the ME's office was pretty short thankfully because Carisi and his incessant talking was really getting on Olivia's nerves.

"Hey Melinda, what do you have for us?"

"Well I found this. Thought you'd want it," she said holding up a necklace that said #1 sister. "I found it clutched in her hand."

"Any prints?"

"Only hers. But it looks like it's from Tate Velez Jewelers and only the best of the best shop there. That may help you out. Also, I wanted to show you this on the body," Melinda said heading over to the victim.

She pulled the sheet back to reveal the dead 17-year-old girl and Olivia immediately retreated.

Melinda noticed briefly but kept talking.

"See these ligature marks," she said prompting them to look closer. "I found fibers in the wound where she pulled against the ropes and it's made of a rare silk material."

At the sight of the wound Olivia became unsteady on her feet and Carisi had to grab her by the arm.

"Olivia are you ok?" Melinda asked concerned.

"I'm fine, it must be the fumes from the chemicals."

"I don't smell any fumes," Carisi said.

"That's because there aren't any," Melinda added matter of factly. "Are you sure you are ok?"

"I'm fine, it's no big deal really. I just need to get some sleep," she said steadying herself on the table. "Anything else?"

"Nope that's it. Ill call you if I have more."

"Ok. Will do."

"Hey Liv." Melinda called after her before she made it to the door and Carisi was already outside so they were alone. "Why don't you take off early today? You don't look so good and isn't your exam tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"You need to head home and get some rest."

"Is that doctor's orders?" she asked jokingly.

"If I could order you home I would. But seriously."

"Ok ok." She raised her hands in mock defeat. "I'll drop Carisi back off at the station and head home. I promise."