Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Niall?” I asked confused

“Hi” He muttered, brushing his right foot over the carpet as he kept his head down.

I stared at him for a couple of minutes as we both stood there awkwardly waiting for his explanation. But it never came. Instead, I heard a quiet sobbing sound coming from the Irishman stood in front of me. As soon as a couple of droplets of water landed on his shoes I forgot all about what he put me through, putting my arm around his neck and guided him into my apartment.

*Niall’s POV*

I knew I shouldn’t of acted like I didn’t know him in Starbucks, how could I not know him? I made high school hell for him; I just didn’t want to admit it.

Looking back on what I did a few years ago just makes me feel like utter shit. I regret everything I ever did to him. I don’t see why I bullied him for being gay if im honest, I think it was so people didn’t start abusing me because of my sexuality.

I’m neither bi, gay nor straight. If im honest, I’m just confused about my sexuality. I feel like crap thinking that the only reason I attacked him is because he came across as camp when I myself could possibly like guys.

I moved to London a little after I finished high school, I needed to get away from all the guilt that walking past Holmes Chapel High School gave me every time I walked past on my way to work or on my way home.

The guilt ate me up inside. I couldn’t deal with it. I knew I needed to apologise, even though I was fully aware that he wouldn’t even think about accepting it. I was a bastard; he has every right to hate me.  I don’t blame him, I even hate me.

I sat in Starbucks and watched him leave, his hood pulled tightly over his head and his shoes trailing along the floor as he walked.

Not long later, my phone began to buzz since my brother Greg was trying to get through to me. I picked up the phone almost immediately; I had nothing else better to do.

“Niall?” Greg asked, he sounded upset and panicky.

“What’s wrong Greg?” I asked, worried why he sounded so shaky and upset.

“I-it’s mum” He sobbed down the phone.

“W-what?” I whispered.

“She’s gone” He cried down the phone to me.

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t cry, I just stared through the transparent window in front of me in the coffee shop. I was in shock more than anything.

I let go of my phone and allowed it to drop to the floor, smashing on the hard tiles almost immediately. I didn’t bother to pick it up though; I continued to stare at nothing.