Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Heyy! Since im getting a few reads Hehe :) 3 votes for the next chapter? Thank you:)

Harry’s POV

Niall had spent a few nights here, I didn’t mind but it seemed like he was scared of over staying his welcome. He’s come to grips with his sexuality and he doesn’t seem to mind that he liked boys a smudge more than girls. I’m proud of him for coming out so soon and being able to accept himself.

I don’t know what our relationship is since the kiss, we haven’t made it official but a couple of kisses have been stolen here and there. I didn’t mind at all though, I just loved his company. Weird huh? If you told me last year that I would someday be in the same room as Niall Horan without tears streaming down my face and stealing kisses from him every so often I would have called you crazy and got the men in the white coats to come and take you away.

Oh how life has changed.

Niall’s phone began to play Somewhere in Neverland by All Time Low and he excused himself to take the call. As he walked out of the room and into the hall I took the opportunity to make us cups of coffee.

Flicking the kettle on, I could hear Niall mumbling words down his mobile phone even though we were pretty far away from each other.

He walked back in a couple of minutes later, his eyes brimming with tears as he tried not to burst out crying. I acted immediately, putting my arm around his shoulder and pulling him into my chest whispering calming words in his left ear.

“What’s wrong Nialler” I whispered into his hear, running my hand through his hair to try and calm down his sobs.

“I’m being s-stupid” He stuttered, his eyes becoming swollen and his cheeks were turning red due to his salty tears.

I looked at him, ushering him to continue with explaining why he was upset.

“I-it’s my mum’s funeral tomorrow” he sobbed harder into my chest “I-it’s back home in Mullingar”

“Let’s get one thing straight, you’re not being stupid. You loved her and you miss her like crazy, this is totally normal. You’re being so brave Niall, if I lost someone so close to me like that I wouldn’t know what I would do” I whispered in his ear as he calmed down.

“W-will you come with me?” He asked me, im sure my heart swelled.

“Of course” I stroked his blonde locks as he lay on my chest.

~

I pulled my car into a free spot in the church car park next to a red Toyota and we both stepped out to be greeted by the rest of his family and old friends. We had been travelling for the past seven hours and I was in desperate need to stretch out my limbs and muscles.

His cousins Liam, Zayn and Louis were the first to come and support Niall, pulling him in a big group hug while I stood at the side awkwardly.

When they pulled out of the hug Niall saw how lost and uncomfortable I looked and quickly introduced me to his cousins.

“This is Harry” He smiled “Harry, this is Zayn, Louis and Liam” he pointed to each of the boys before we walked up the steps and into the church.

I found being in a church quite awkward, I was never a religious man. My parents used to try and shove religion down my throat but I never believed any of it was true. I just find the Bible weird and disturbing. Plus, half of it doesn’t make any sense in my view.

We took a seat on the front row of the hard, wooden benches.  They hurt my back and were the most comfortable seat in the world but I wasn’t going to let my selfishness show. I was here for Niall; he needed me more than anything right now. I could pull through an hour of comfortableness for his sake.

An hour of tears, hymns and sobbing later we all emerged from the church into the whiteness of Irelands snowy weather. Holding Niall’s hand in mine for support, we walked back down the marble church steps red-faced from tears. It was possibly the saddest experience in my life; I’d hate to know how Niall feels.

I looked at him sympathetically before pulling him to one side, away from the rest of the people who attended the service.

“I’ll be here for you, all the way through this process. Everything’s going to be okay” I stroked his cheek with my thumb, removing excess tears from his beautiful, flawless skin.

“Thank you Harry, for everything” He whispered, tilting his head up to make eye contact with me. “I really appreciate it”

“It’s nothing. Trust me; you’re hurting so much right now. I couldn’t bear to leave you on your own right now. I think it would kill the both of us.”

He forced me a small smile before dropping his head again and letting more tears flow down his face. I pulled him into my chest, allowing his salty tears to change the colour of my grey suit.

After a few minutes, we walked back to his cousins. We took a group picture and said our goodbyes. Waiting for Niall’s family to kiss and hug him goodbye while they reassure him about everything and tell him how strong he is.

He’s being stronger than he thinks he is. He doesn’t realise how natural and normal it is to be upset during the process of a close family member’s death. He thinks he’s being weak but he is definitely far from it.

Remember, 3 votes for chapter 9! ;) Thank you!