A new school... What will it bring?

You know those chills you get the day before you start in high school? You get all nervous and think about if you'll make friends or not.

'I'm Saruma no Ryoshi a 16 years old and I'm starting in high school as a freshman this year.'

As the morning arrived the sunrays were shining through the window behind my bookshelfs into my eyes. My grandparents live in a beautiful mansion with plenty of large and beautiful rooms and as long as I can remember I've lived with them. However the attic has always been my first choice. On the right side of the room there is a window from the floor to the roof.

My grandpa installed bookshelfs in front of it which creates an amazing lights at night when the moon shines through the books. And thanks to my dormer windows my room is twice as big and bright. Under the right dormer window I have a very large desk. I love being creative so I can use the space. On my desk is a high quality pc and a drawing pad.

I woke up in my bed and turned my sleepy eyes to the clock on next to my comfy bed. 'It's my first day at high school' I thought to myself. My eyes widened and I quickly jumped out of my bed. I grabbed my neatly folded school uniform in my drawer "Crap! I'm late. I can't be late for the first day of highschool" I mumbled.

I dashed into the bathroom, quickly stripped myself of my night wear and jumped into the hot shower. The water nearly burned my soft skin as I washed myself as fast as possible before getting out and drying myself with a spare towel hanging on a radiator.

After slipping on my school uniform I hurried into the kitchen and looked at the clock on the wall 'I've got the time' I thought to myself as I took a breath. and began to stuff two pieces of frozen bread into a toaster, plugging it into the socket and turning it on.

I nervously tapped my fingernails nervously as I waited for it to finish. As I looked to the side I saw the newspaper laying at the same spot as always, my grandpa always forgot to take it with him before sitting down in his chair.

'I might as well hand it to him' is what I thought. I took the newspaper to grandpa in the living room, but he was fast asleep in front of the tv with the news on. Same story as every day. I laid down the newspaper on the side table for him.

Quickly I hurried to my toast when it finished. I grabbed the burning hot toast and threw it on a plate where I buttered it quickly before scoffing it in my mouth, grabbing my school bag, my keys and heading towards the door.

I locked the door behind me and sprinted towards the train station. Once again the warm morning sunrays touch my slightly pale skin. By the time I arrived at the station, I was panting extremely hard trying to catch a breath.

As first I missed my train and to make things worse, rain began to pour down heavily. I sighed angrily "The forecast can't get it right can they?" I muttered to myself as I crossed my arms and pouted. "It was sunny just a second ago?!"

"I, for once, agree with you there" a mysterious voice from behind replied which made me jump out of my skin. I turned around to see a guy about a year older than me standing there with an umbrella above his head. "Care to join?" he asked while he smiled sweet and innocent.

Which made me blush a tiny bit and stammer. For just a second I stared at his perfectly soft and cherry red lips."Y-Yes I would love to" I replied nervously as I stepped under the umbrella. It actually made me happy that the rain wasn't a problem anymore.

"W-who are you?" I asked as I recovered from the blush and slightly stammering. "I'm Ittoki Daiki. Could it be you're the new student joining our school. It's a pleasure to meet you" he said with a soft smile. he put out his hand and I shook it after hesitating for a second.