Chapter Six

That night, I went to bed after a couple of hours of the lads eating the cupcakes that Olly and I made, then saying goodbye to Olly and Rich after them giving me the presents from them, Ashy and Baz and Cassie and Monty.

Flashback

"Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry. It was just Niall. He's my brother. I promise! I would never cheat on you!" I pleaded with Tom as he glared at me.

"I don't believe you, s*ut." Tom spat, coming over and slapping me round the face. I crumpled to the ground. "You know what happens when you lie to me." He hissed, kicking me in the stomach continuously. "No ones coming to save you, Elizabeth, no one cares. You don't deserve anyone to care for you. You're so f*cking pathetic that you don't deserve anything nice you w*ore"

"Please, Tom." I whimpered. "Please, stop" I begged.

"Pathetic." Tom grimaced as I drifted off into unconsciousness.

Present

I woke screaming. I heard the sounds of five pairs of feet running towards me. Liam slipped off of his sofa and onto mine, quickly wrapping his arms around me, bringing me into his chest.

"Hey, baby sis, it's okay." Liam comforted and I felt the sofa dip on the other side of me and another pair of arms tentatively made their way around my shoulders so I was being hugged from both sides by Liam and Harry. I felt hands on my knees and looked up into the concerned face of my twin. Louis and Zayn were behind, unsure what to do. Then Louis rushed forwards and tore me away from the other guys, hugging me tightly to his chest as if he would never let me go. Like he never wanted to see me cry.

"I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again, Elizabeth. I can't watch that happen." Louis whispered to me and I hugged him back, just as fiercely. "I'll always protect you, Elizabeth." I smiled into his chest, calming down. Louis calmed me down.

"Thank you, Louis." I whispered, my voice cracking. He kissed the top of my head lovingly before I pulled away and went to sit on my twin's lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around me, pulling my body closer to his, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

"Lads, you can go back to bed now, it's okay." Niall said, his voice muffled from where his face was.

"Thank you boys, so much for being there for me." I said to them and they all nodded tiredly, hugging me and kissing me on the cheek as they went of to bed. Liam hovered around awkwardly, unsure what to do.

"You can have my bed tonight, Liam. I want to stay with my sister." Liam nodded and walked, half-asleep - down the hall into the room which Niall shared with Zayn. Niall and I lay on the sofa, his arms wrapped protectively around my waist.

"Thank you Niall." I said to him quietly.

"Anytime, Elizabeth. I love you sis, I'm always here for you." I smiled and I felt him pull me even closer as I drifted slowly to sleep.

The next morning, I woke and pried myself out of Niall's arms. He had kicked half the blanket off of him in his sleep and looked cold. I smiled down at how adorable my brother looked and covered him with a blanket again. I walked into the kitchen, running a hand through my messy hair and saw Louis, already awake, preparing three mugs of coffee.

"Three, Lou?" I asked, laughing. 

"Yeah, someone's coming over. I hope you don't mind." Louis replied and, as if on cue, the door buzzed, telling me I needed to let someone up. I walked over to the machine.

"Hey." I said.

"Hello... who the f*ck are you?" An annoying high-pitched voice asked back.

"I'm Niall's twin, Elizabeth, this is my apartment. Now I'm going to ask you the same thing more politely, who are you?" I replied, rolling my eyes at her rudeness.