Chapter Nine

Louis' POV

I was holding Elizabeth's hand and Niall was holding the other one. The lads had all gone to get something to eat and Greg, Maura, Bobby and Chris had had to go back to Ireland after finding out Elizabeth was going to live.

"You really care for her, don't you?" Niall asked and I look up to see him watching me carefully. I just shrug.

"She's like a sister to me. That's all." I lie.

"Dont lie to me, Tomlinson." Niall chuckled and I smiled a little at that. "Just don't hurt her or I will be setting the lads, her brothers, her friends and Greg on you." He warns.

"You mean I can..." I trail off and he nods with a small smile. I grin back. "I wouldn't dream of it, you know." I tell him.

"I know. Which is why I'm okay with it." He replied with a gentle smile and I gave one back. "I'm going to go to the toilet." Niall says. He stands up and gives Elizabeth a kiss on the forehead and squeezes her hand before letting go and going to walk out of the room.

"N-Niall?" A cracked voice says and Niall freezes in his tracks. My eyes snap back to the girl on the bed and I see her bright blue eyes looking at Niall. Niall slowly turns and his face breaks into a grin as he rushes back and hugs her tight to his chest.

"You're okay. You're alive." He whispered.

"Yeah but I won't be fore much longer if you don't let me breathe." She laughed and Niall chuckled, letting go.

"As lovely as this is. I really really need to piss." Niall excuses himself and runs out of the room, holding his crotch. Elizabeth watches him go, shaking her head fondly at him.

"Beth Bear." I whisper quietly, not quite meaning to let the words come out. Elizabeth's head snaps round to look at me.

"Louis." She whispers back before looking down at her hand which was still hidden in mine.

"I'm sorry." We say at the same time.

"What have you got to be sorry for?" I ask her with a small smile.

"For being a female dog to you recently. I get it, you don't like me like that and you're happy with Stacy. It's cool." She replied, looking down.

"No, I'm sorry. That day we arrived in hospital, I woke up and Stacy was there. She started to bad mouth you and called you a stupid w*ore so I broke up with her. No one says that about my friends." I say and she grins at me before leaning up and hugging me tightly. I hug back and I can feel all the bones in her body. "Elizabeth... why haven't you been eating?" I ask more seriously and she pulls away with a shrug.

"Sorry if I made you worried." She said guiltily, looking down and away from my eyes.

"Of course you made me worried." I scoffed with an eye roll and she giggled a little. "I'm always worried about my little Beth Bear." I poke her nose and she giggles again before yawning. "Tired?" I ask and she nods.

"Lay with me, Boo?"  She asks, raising the covers I get in and wrap my arms around her waist to keep her warm.

"Anything for my Beth Bear." I say before kidding the top of her head. I think she smiles before her breathing slows down and she drifts off to sleep. I quickly follow her.

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up still cuddled in Louis' arms but I stayed with my back pressed against his chest for a little while longer before opening my eyes. I was met with a pair of blue eyes almost identical to my own.