Chapter Seventeen

-A week later-

I held the stick in my trembling hands, unsure of what to do now. A small collection of different brands were piled in the sink, all reading the same thing: 'positive'.

A couple of tears slipped down from my eyes as I dropped the pregnancy test I was holding into the sink and walked through into the study. I switched on the computer and saw Niall was on Skype. I clicked on his contact and it rang for a couple of seconds before he picked up. Harry was there too. They greeted me with grinning faces which fell when they saw my tear-stained one.

"What's happened?" Harry asks first. I wiped away some tears.

"I'm pregnant." I whisper to them, watching their faces. Harry looks a little shocked but does his best to hide it with anger. Niall looks determined about something.

"We'll be there." He speaks up firmly.

"What?" I ask.

"We'll be there. We'll help you through the next nine months, okay. I know you won't want Louis to know yet and that's fair enough. Tour is over in a month so I'll come straight to you and I'll be there for you. I promise." Niall tells me sincerely and I can't help smiling a little.

"Thanks, Niall." I smile.

"I'm going to be an uncle!" Harry and Niall shout in unison, laughing their heads off at it.

"What's happened?" Liam and Zayn run in. It's night time then so I guess Louis's on the bus.

"You're going to be uncles." I tell them, crying a little.

"You're pregnant!?" They screech and I smile, nodding.

"Are you going to tell Louis?" Liam asks, calming the happy atmosphere.

"No." I say simply and the lads nod, unsure of my answer but go along with it anyway. "And you can't either." I warn them and they all nod.

"We won't, it's your decision to make." Zayn assures me and I smile.

"Thanks guys."

"Are you going to get your brothers to come down and look after you? I heard pregnancy is a hard thing to go through alone." Liam asks and I shake my head.

"Nah. I'll Skype Josh later and let him know. I'll do the same with Hon and her kids. I'll phone Pete but he cant come down because he's up in Scotland with his family for work. Greg's busy too I think as are mam and pa but I'll call them too. I'll probably just ask the girls to come." I shrug and they nod.

"Okay, well, we love you alright and we'll text and call you every day and we'll see you next month when we get back from tour, okay?" Zayn tells me and I nod a little sadly.

"I love you guys too." I smile and the boys exchange looks before leaving Niall and I to talk alone.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Niall asks me sincerely and I nod.

"Of course. I'm not getting an abortion and I cant give it up for adoption." I tell him honestly.

"Well I'll be there every step of the way, I promise you and so will the other lads." Niall assures me again and I smile.

"I love you twinny."

"I love you too." 

-After the tour-

I meet Niall at the hospital. I'm having my first doctors appointment for the pregnancy and he wanted to be there. All the lads - minus Louis for obvious reasons - decided to rotate who's turn it was to take me to the doctors and they all said that they would be there for me during the last part of my pregnancy.

"You excited?" Niall asks, clutching my hand. I nod gleefully. Having three girls and their boyfriends round every day for a month when you're pregnant really gets you excited about being a mother. "The lads want to know immediately, by the way." Niall remembers and I smile.

"Okay. We can send them the sonogram then." I shrug and Niall pulls me to him.

"Love you sis." 

"Love you too." 

"Miss Stevenson-Horan? The doctor will see you now." Niall and I stand up and walk down the corridor into the doctors room.

"Hi so are you the happy couple?" The doctor asks, smiling.

"No! We're twins! No!" Niall shouts, cringing at the idea which makes both the doctor and me laugh.

"Yes, yes, very sorry. I should've known. Now Miss, if you'll kindly lie down here and we'll turn on the sonogram." He sets up the sonogram and Niall and I look at the screen in wonder. "There they are." The doctor says and he smiles which makes my head snap towards him.

"Them?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"Yes. Them. Miss Horan, you're having triplets." He grins at me and a slow smile spreads across my own face too.

"Did you hear that, Niall? I'm having triplets." I whisper and he nods, smiling, sitting on the edge of the bed and putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Would you like a copy of the sonogram, Miss Horan?" The doctor asks and Niall speaks up.

"Would it be possible to get ten copies?" The doctor laughs and nods, walking away to get them for us. "Have you thought of any names?" Niall asks, bouncing around excitably and smile and shake my head.

"It hasn't seemed real up until now."

For the duration of my pregnancy, my friends rotated so I always had at least two of them there with me. The girls and their boyfriends came as a group and came for a monthly visit and, when she wasn't there, Olly called me every night. The lads swapped weekly. After we found out that I was having triplets, it was Harry's turn to come. Then Liam and then Zayn. Josh flew over from America to visit once and brought his girlfriend Brooke and his best friend as I didn't get to meet them at the reunion as I couldn't go. 

Mam, Pa, Chris and Greg came down for a visit for a week which was nice. Mam bought baby clothes, obviously. Then Pete and his family came down the next week. Honor and her kids visited for a couple of days.

Now I'm six months along the pregnancy and I'm pretty huge. I'm waiting at the doctors surgery to find out the sexes of the babies. All the lads decided to come. I'm so lucky to have friends like them.

If you're wondering, Louis got over me really, really fast. He's currently dating some model girl, Eleanor Calder or something. She seems nice and I wish I could say that I'm happy for him but I'm not. I'm jealous. He may've moved on but I haven't. I'm still so in love with him it hurts.

"So, you would like to know the sexes of the babies?" The doctor asks, coming into where I'm lying down on the bed with the boys surrounding me.

"Of course I do!" I laugh. "That's why I'm here."

"Well, I'm happy to tell you that you're three children are fit and well and that you are going to be the proud mother of two little lads and a lass." The smile on my face stretches so wide it hurts.