Chapter Thirteen

*A month after the accident*

"How does it feel to be up and walking again?" Harry asks, coming out of my kitchen with a sandwich as I gasped, recovering from my trip up the stairs.

"I forgot how much walking was like exercise." I wheeze and Harry laughs, sitting on one of the sofas. I sit on the other and look at Liam. "What's up with him?" I ask, gesturing to the boy who's fast asleep on the one seater sofa. His cheeks are red and puffy as if he's been crying.

"He found out his girlfriend was cheating on him yesterday." Harry replies, giving Liam a sad look. 

"Poor Lili." I sigh. "I feel like we're going to need to have a movie marathon later." Harry nods and tears his sandwich in half, offering me one. I took it and ate it gratefully.

"How was physio?" Harry asks.

"Good. I'm making good progress they think but I still need to rest my back a lot." Harry nods and I smile.

"How's it going with Lou anyway?" 

"Unbelievably good." I answer truthfully.

"Aren't you pissed he hasn't taken you out on any dates?"

"No. He's been the perfect boyfriend and I'm not going to be that demanding girlfriend who wants more than her boyfriend gives her because, I mean, Louis's an incredible guy and I love him. Also, what with me being on bed rest, him having loads of interviews and now with my physio, we haven't had enough time to go on a date." I explain to Harry, shrugging.

"I love you too." Louis' voice comes from behind me. I turn and smile up at him. He has a huge grin on his face as he lifts up my head so it's in his lap before leaning down and kissing me.

"It's official. Perrie is never taking me back." Zayn announces, slamming the front door behind him, waking up Liam. Niall comes in after Zayn and goes straight into the kitchen.

"What happened?" Harry asks Zayn.

"She cheated on me." Liam whispers under his breath before Zayn can explain. Tears well up in his eyes again and he starts to cry quietly. I move off of Louis' lap which makes him pout but Zayn sits where I was and I join Liam on the tiny sofa he's sat on.

"Come here Lili." I say and pull him to me, into a hug. He hugs back immediately and cries into my chest.

"What about me?" Zayn asks and I notice him crying as well. I hold out my other arm and he hugs me from that side. We sit like that for a couple of minutes with Harry and Louis watching as I comfort the two lads.

"How about we have a movie marathon, yeah?" I suggest, rubbing their backs. They sniffle and nod.

"Wanna swap sofas?" Harry offers, standing up. The three of us make our way over to the three man sofa Harry was on originally on. Louis stands up and gestures for me to come as well. I try to stand but Liam tightens his grip on me.

"Stay." Zayn pleads and I sigh.

"I'm just going to get Niall and some ice cream, okay? I'll be back in like five minutes." I promise the two and they reluctantly release me. 

I follow Louis into the kitchen and roll my eyes when I see Niall stuffing his face out of my fridge.

"Niall, mate. We're having a movie marathon to cheer up Liam and Zayn." Louis says, slapping Niall on the back.

"Alright." Niall mumbles through a mouthful of food, leaving the two of us. Louis starts to make a pot of coffee and a pot of tea as I get the ice cream out and put some in five bowls, one for each of the lads.

"Who's not having any?" Louis asks, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I smile and lean back into his arms.

"Me." I reply and I feel Louis tense a little.

"Elizabeth." He warns an I roll my eyes.

"Louis." I mock.

"Beth, I'm serious. Please. For me." Louis tries again and I just shake my head. "Why not?" He asks, turning me around in his arms. His eyes search mine for an answer and I look down. "Beth. Please, tell me."

"Because you went from Stacy, to me." I said quietly, turning around and grabbing some of the bowls of ice cream.

"What's your point?" Louis laughs, grabbing the drinks.

"Stacy was thin, beautiful and had perfect make up and I... don't have those qualities." I shrug and start to move away when Louis puts the drinks down and grabs my hips, spinning me towards him.

"Elizabeth, you are the most beautiful person I have ever set eyes on, you are thin and no you don't have perfectly done make up because you don't use it simply because you don't need it. You're gorgeous with and without." I smile a little as he tells me all this. "But I didn't fall in love with you because of your appearance, I fell in love with you for your personality which is something Stacy defiantly never had." Louis pulls me in for a soft kiss and I smile into it.

"Thanks Boo Bear." I smile and he smiles back before grabbing the drinks. We walk back into the other room together. Louis takes his seat next to Niall and I take mine in between Liam and Zayn. I pass out the ice cream and we settle down for a movie.   

Half way through the third movie of the night - Toy Story 3 if you were wondering - my phone starts to ring. I sigh and push myself off the sofa, answering the call without looking at the caller ID.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"You're always so friendly to me, aren't you Elizabeth." My cousins voice laughs down the phone and I roll my eyes.

"Leave me alone Danielle, I'm exhausted." I groan.

"Open your front door, babe." Danielle says and I know she's smiling. I roll my eyes and open the front door.

Danielle's standing there with a duffle bag slung over her shoulder and a huge smile on her face.

"Hey butt-hole." She grins.

"Stealing my insults are you, Danny?" I tease.

"You love me anyway, Lizzie." She laughs before striding over and hugging me tightly. I hug back just as tight and smile.

"I missed you" I sigh.

"I missed you too." Danielle agrees. "I'm here to stay for a couple of nights, if that's alright." 

"Course it is." I scoff. "Is it dance?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. We've got a competition. Hey! You can show me around London like you always promised you would!" 

"Okay, I will. Tomorrow? The lads have an interview and then they've got to start packing so we could have a girls day." I suggest and Danielle nods excitably.

"That sounds awesome. Where do I dump my bag?" She asks and I shrug.

"There's a nice piece of floor there." I point down the hallway and Danielle rolls her eyes and just drops her bag before closing the door.