Baby Girl

"I want a girl," Leia answered, tracing a long stretch mark with her index finger. "And I know you want one, too. Honestly, I'll be grateful for anything I get, but, if I had a choice, I'd want a girl."
"I'm just trying to figure out why," Han said, holding his wife's bulbous stomach between both hands. Stroking the baby bump with his thumbs, he leaned forward and kissed several of the stretch marks. "I completely agree. Boy, girl. Son, daughter. It doesn't matter, but I'd love to have a little girl, another little princess."
Leia smiled, bringing a hand around her stomach to rest atop her belly and stroked her thumb there, over and over. "Even if we don't have a girl, I think we should try again for one."
"Getting ahead of yourself, aren't you?" Han laughed. "Where is the baby resting?"
Leia gently patted the bottom of her belly, just above her pant line, and continued, "I've always wanted a girl. A part of me thinks it's because I want to have a best friend, like me and Breha always were. Another part of me thinks I want to have a girl so I can, in my mind, "fix" my childhood."
Han kissed the spot Leia had patted and stopped, his hazel eyes studying her. He turned down her chin so she was looking back at him and he asked her, "How do you mean? I thought you loved Alderaan and Bail and Bre-"

"I did. Don't get me wrong, Han. I still love them. I wish they were here. But, sometimes, I try to imagine what it would have been like had I been raised by my biological mother; someone I don't even know. I guess I don't want our child to go through that. I mean, obviously, but it's almost like I want to recreate the exact scenario so I can stop it from happening. I want to have a daughter that I can love and hold and spoil." She turned her glance back to her stomach, back to rubbing it. "That we can love together. That can change our lives and things can be better than what I had with my biological parents. I had nothing with them, Han. Nothing with this father Luke loves so much. Nothing with this mother I don't even know. And I don't want our baby to have nothing with us."
Han's gaze softened and he sat up straighter beside his wife and cuddled her in his arms. "Leia," he spoke softly, assuredly. "That's not going to happen to any child of ours. Our baby," he gave Leia's stomach one more long stroke. "This baby isn't going to have nothing with us. It's going to have everything with us. And things will be so much better than what you had. We'll have our baby girl and maybe a boy, too. Soon enough, we'll have the greatest family we could give each other and you won't have to think this way anymore. Leia, this is our family and things are different now. We're going to make it."
Smiling, Leia kissed her husband and eased herself out of the chair. Bringing another hand to support her back, she pulled her shirt down and glanced towards her brother's office. "What do you say we go find out if we're getting that girl?"
"I would love to, Mrs.Solo."