What You Have Left

Sometimes, you don't know you had something until you lose it. So, went a large chunk of Luke. He hadn't known this mysterious piece could go missing until a sudden emptiness filled him with despair until he could no longer hold it in.
  Luke's own niece Jaina and Tenel Ka had already stopped by, offering him their condolences and apologies for his loss. Jaina . . . he knew Jaina understood . . . to a  degree, but Luke wished there was someone who understood, someone who would sit by him and offer their true support.

  Down the hall, he heard the sound of running footsteps against the tile floor until they suddenly stopped. And there his sister stood in the doorway, her eyes red, tears falling like a heavy rain down her cheeks, and the nearly the same hurt he felt mirrored in her own brown eyes.
  "You're here," he said.

  "Of course I am." She came to his side and rested her head on his shoulder. "I came as fast as I could. I'm so sorry, Luke. I can't imagine how much this must hurt for you."
  "You've lost so much, I'd think you do-"

  "If I lost Han," Leia's voice broke. "If I lost Han, I don't know what I'd do. I'd feel so, so, so . . . so alone, hopeless, broken. I don't know what I'd do. But. I do know that if I still had my precious daughter, I'd hang on to her like my life depended on it. Look, Luke. I can't even begin to imagine how horrible this must be, but you still have a piece of her. You have Ben and he needs you. Remember, he's lost his mother, too. He needs you, Luke. He needs you just as much as you need him. Hang on to that."