Escaping

This one is following a dialogue prompt:
"How long have you been standing there?"
"Longer than you'd like."
---------------------
  Kyp was reclining in his chair, watching some overzealous intergalactic journalist report on what Jaina Solo had been caught wearing in public as she'd been hurrying to catch a speeder. The Jedi Master just rolled his eyes at the report, wondering how the HoloNet could possibly be that desperate for juicy stories.
  "Do you think there's something wrong with that?"
  Kyp jumped at the sound of a feminine voice coming from his side. Looking there, he saw Jaina watching through his open window. She was dressed in a long, tight, scarlet gown, her lips painted the same color. Her dark hair was pulled up and clipped to the back of her head. He sighed. "How long have you been standing there?"
  "Longer than you'd like," she answered simply, throwing one leg inside to pull herself in.
  "What are you doing here?"
  Jaina pointed to Kyp's holoscreen and told him, "Escaping that. Do you mind if I stay just a short while? I was going to my parents' place, but those reporters were blocking my way. That and my mother is so terribly fond of the press."
  "So I've heard. I guess that's fine. What were you even doing?"
  "Escaping. That's all that my schedule is today."
  "Hmph."
  "It was Jag," Jaina elaborated, letting her hair loose with one quick motion, pulling a large, jeweled clip out. "I can't stand another dinner with Imperials. Do you have any idea how much they hate my parents? I don't think they like me very much, either."
  "Well, you are quite the perfect mix of your parents."
  "So Uncle Luke tells me. Really, Kyp, I'm done with Imperials. And Jag. Sometimes, I think I'm just a publicity stunt to him."
  Kyp glowered at her for that comment, but he'd assumed as much before. Jag must have thought, what a story it would be for me to unite the Empire with its old enemies in marrying the Solos' daughter. Kyp couldn't stand the guy, especially when Jaina was involved; the Goddess he secretly loved. "You can clean up in my 'fresher. Just don't get your girly things all over."
  "They're my mom's. And I won't." Jaina flitted a quick smile at him. "And thanks."