Chapter 27

I'm not in the best mood. The news I received broke my heart. Why did this happen? Why couldn't King just stay home? I was now talking to Kelly and Ms. Kia who were trying to keep me calm. I held back my tears trying to be strong for the kids. I knew that they needed me more than anything. Ms. Kia's phone started to ring. She left our presence to go answer it. "He's going to be fine." Kelly said. I wasn't trying to hear that. I want to hear that he was on his way home to me. "How do you know that?" 

"Because this happened before. It was a long time ago but he got in trouble before. That's how you never knew about him because after he got out of jail the first time, he was sent to go live with our grandma in Cali. I never talked about him to you but look what happened. Y'all are together and if you really love him, be strong for him. Think positive, stay prayed best friend. It's okay." I took her words in my mind. I had to stay positive. Don't think bad or bad things might happen. Ms. Kia was back. "He's okay..he won't be getting out though." I cried. "Oh my god, this can't be happening. I need him to come home." I was going crazy. "I have to go. I can't stay around for this." My mind is all over the place. I just want to get home to my kids. I can't take anymore bad news or that would be the death of me. I drove home and thought about my kids the whole time. I don't know what King did to get there but I hope its not too bad to the point he have to serve years in there and miss his kids grow up.

............

I had woke up in a bright room and seeing my brother and Megan sitting next to me. "You're awake?" Chris said happily. "Yeah, what happened?" All I could feel is pain. "You were in a bad accident but I'm happy to see that you're ok. Your right leg was fractured, your right arm is broken, and you was almost crushed by a semi truck but god was on your side sweetie." Megan said. "How long have I been in here?" They both looked at each other. "Um, for a while. You were in a 3 month coma." Megan replied. I had been in here this long and didn't know. "Where are my babies? Where is King?" They were the only people on my mind. "The kids are with Kia and King is not out yet." 

"I want to go home. Can I go home?" I cried. "I just want to go home." Megan got up. "I'll go get the doctor." I could barely move my head but I'm happy I'm still here. I can't believe this had happened to me. Why are bad things happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? The doctor and Megan were back. "We're glad to see you're okay Alexis. He started checking other stuff. "I think maybe she can go home soon. Maybe in about two days but you're going to have to keep a good eye on her and she's going to need all of the help she can get." 

.................

I have been at my brother's house for about a week now. I can't walk or do everything I normally do on my own. My brother and Megan have been helping me with everything. I don't like the feeling of not doing nothing. I hate that I have to spend my time in a wheelchair and just laying around. I miss being a mother. I miss being able to hold my babies. kiss them, feel them next to me and just hear their laugh and cry. "Hey Lexis baby.." Megan came into the room where I was laying holding CJ. "You have a phone call." She helped me talk on the phone. "Hello." I said. "Hey baby, its King." I was happy to hear his voice. "I heard about what happened. I'm sorry that happened to you. I feel bad about this happening but I promise you this will never happen again." 

"Where are you? Please tell me you're okay." 

"I'm okay but I have to go. I love you."

"I love you too..." The phone hung up. I just want to get my life back together. "Its okay sweetie. Some things happen that we can't control but you know I'm always here for you. I took off from the office and decided to work here from home to take care of you." I thanked her for doing this for me. I just want to die right now for feeling like my life is over. "Megannnn.." I yelled. I was ready to get out of this bed. I can't just lay around all day. I'm not used to this since my kids keep me on my feet. "Yes pooh." She ran in the room to rescue me. "Can you please help me get out of this bed? I don't like laying around." She helped me get in the wheelchair. "Are you hungry or anything?" I'm not even hungry. I don't even have an appetite. "I can't eat. I'm not in the mood for any of that." She made a face at me. "You have to eat something." I can barely move. I can barely open my mouth. I'm just fucked up. "Why didn't I just die in the crash?" 

"Oh my god Lexis..It wasn't meant for that to happen to you. Its going to be okay. Once your face clear up and your body heals you will be fine. If you would've died you would've left all three of your kids behind." 

"Okay you're right. I'm just beat the fuck up right now." I laughed. "You're laughing through your pain?  I love that about you." The doorbell rung making Megan leave me. I'm even worst that I'm stuck upstairs. I wish I could go downstairs and see who that is. "Hey Boo!" Kelly came in with the biggest smile on your face. "You seem to be getting better." 

"No I'm not. Look at me. I have scars in my face, my arm and leg is fucked up. My neck is all out of wack and my body hurts."

"Sure okay but I have a surprise for you." She left the room. I was so not in the mood for any surprises. Kelly returned holding Kai and King came in holding Kayson. I felt the tears rolling down my face. "Can I please get a kiss from you. Oh my god, I miss you." King walked over to kiss me. "I know I'm ugly but I hope you still love me." I said. "What? No, you're not ugly baby. You're beautiful man. Stop talking like that." I didn't feel beautiful but somehow it felt better when King said it. "I'm really happy to see you babe. Please don't go back in there ever again." He agreed that he didn't. "I'm going to leave you two alone to talk. You want me to take him?" She asked. "No and leave Kai here too please." I felt like this was our own little family reunion. I see now I have been missing out on a lot. Kai had her ears pierced and Kayson was just so chubby now. "I'm never going to leave my family again. I want us to get married as soon as you get better." He kissed me again and we just enjoyed the rest of the day together.