Chapter 33

I'm sitting at this hospital in the waiting room waiting to hear about what's going on with my brother. It's so bad when you can't even go out to have a good time with your family. I'm not crying anymore but I am nervous. I have to stay strong for my brother. All I know is that Megan is in the back with him right now so I'm just waiting to here the OK.

King have been down here with me all day. We had dropped the kids off at his mom's house since we didn't know how long we would be here. He put his arms around me. I felt better being in his arms and having him right by my side.

"I'm sorry I took so long to get here." Meka had walked up to us. "How is he?"

"Don't know but Megan is back there with him now. Just waiting to hear an update." She sat down next to me. "Are you okay."

"Yes just trying to stay positive."

"That's right. That's how it supposed to be."

Nobody else from our family came to the hospital but they were messaging me asking me how Chris is doing. I haven't texted none of them back though.

Megan was walking up to us. I got up meeting her half way. "How is he." She smiled. That's how I know he had to be okay. "He's fine girl. He was shot in his back but he'll recover. He's up. He wants to see you." I followed behind Megan to get to Chris' room. He was up and smiling. "Hey Chris. I'm glad yore ok."

"Yes I can't leave my family behind. I wanted to talk to you." I sat down next to his bed. "About what?" I was scared about hearing the news. "Well me and Megan can't get married this weekend but you and King can."

"I can't do that. It's you guys wedding. I can't just take all the hard work Megan planned."

"But you can. We already talked about it. You go get marry baby girl." I was so shocked by the news. "Okay for you I'll do it. I'll just feel bad about it."

"Why? It was your wedding too remember. Go get married. It's your time to be happy. King is good to you. You're my little sister but I got to let you grow up sometimes. Now take my word. Marry King!!" My brother have always been so over protective but he must really like King to let me get married to him. Even after all of our talks about boys, sex and all this other stuff that goes on in the world. "Okay I'll do. I love you!" I kissed my brother on his cheek. "I'll call to check on you."

I met back up with my sister and King in the waiting room. "Chris is fine. He's alert. He's talking. You can go see him Meka. We're about to go."

King followed behind me as we left out of the hospital. I hate hospitals now. "You're driving." King tossed me the keys. I had told him about what my brother said about the wedding. He was fine with it so I was fine with it. "We're getting married." I shouted in excitement." This is really happening and all I could think about it being connected to the same man for the rest of my life.

We had pulled up to Ms. Kia's house to go get our kids.

"Hey Ma." King said. "Hey, how's Chris doing."

"Good. He's giving us the wedding so that me and Alexis can get married." She smiled with excitement. "That's great. I can't wait until Saturday."

I am so happy that our family is close to being complete. This wedding is the completion to everything.

"Did you pack up the kids and get them ready?" She looked confused. "No..they're staying here. I want them to stay here."

"You must be off tomorrow?" I asked. "I took the week off for the wedding. You know I have to help get everything together. My child is getting married." I had no problem that she wanted to watch the kids. She haven't seen them in so long and then Kelly moved out and finally got her own place. We're all growing up. "So y'all go out somewhere. Enjoy the free time." She handed us an envelope. "What's this?"

"It's an early wedding give. Now take it and get out." I don't know what got into her but we just took her advice and left.

"You want to go out or what?" King asked. "Where would we go?" I had shrugged my shoulder. "Let's see what mama gave us." I opened up the envelope and I was shocked to find out what I saw. It was some money. It was some fresh hundred dollar bills. I didn't even count it though. I knew it was a lot from the envelope being so thick. This is how I know Ms. Kia had money and she is spoiling the hell out of her kids. My brother have money now so I wasn't spoiled growing up but now money coming in so I'm spoiled on my end too. "Let's just go home. I got something for you." He sped home. I'm talking 100 mph. There were no traffic and King always took the expressway just for the speed. We barely had any police around since the neighborhood we lived in wasn't so bad.

"SLOW DOWN!!!" I screamed. My heart was pounding in my chest. I'm so scared because he drives crazy. Especially when the kids aren't in the car with us. "Girl chill. We'll be home in 10 minutes." I still wanted him to slow the fucking car down. "Please come on. Last time I sped home I was in a accident. Please you're giving me flashbacks." I'm not kidding. All I could think about was that crash and this time it could be the both of us.

He finally slowed down but only because we had to get off at the exit.

We came home to a very quiet house. We have free time and that meant we can do whatever the fuck with won't. "What's the surprise?" King had the biggest smile on his face. "Go to the bedroom. I'm right behind you." I had sent him to the room. This gave the chance to get prepared.

I removed my clothes. I had just bought me some sexy lingerie. It's red, which is King's favorite color. I had my red heels in the living room. I slid them on my feet then I went to go meet him in our bedroom. The look on his face said it all. The smile he had before turned into a much bigger one. When I say it went down in this bedroom, I mean it went down. I don't know what kind of mood he was in but the sex was way better than it ever been.

"You love me?" King asked. He start kissing on my neck. He know it's my spot it always get me in the mood. "Yes I love you so much."

"Okay so get ready for round 2." He climbed on top of me this time instead of me riding him.

Picture Of CHRIS Above...