a special part

I really don't know what to say. Today, at 7:30 PM est, February 3rd, The Intern has hit 1M reads.

Wow. That is so huge. The Intern is my first completed fic ever, and I first published it in October 2014. This is a big deal to me.

Thank you all so much. Now, before I got near the end of the story I had written an alternative ending. I never posted it, but now I think I will. Be warned, it'll hurt. It was a time when I liked to kill off characters. You have been warned. Please do not fear messaging me, commenting questions. You can always reach out to me :-) also read my other stories lolz

MICHAELS POV

"This all fucking bullshit!" Ashton shouts, ripping the ceremony papers in half, throwing it onto the ground. "You cared for Luke but don't you all act like you gave a shit for Ryan! Don't you dare sit in front of her coffin and pray for her!"

"Ashton.. Please, we're trying to have a nice moment for our best friend and Ryan, please not here.." Calum says, pulling Ashton to him and rubbing his back.

"This is all my fault.." Ashton sobs into calums shoulder.

"Its not, you didn't know either of them were that drunk." I say, biting my lip to keep me from crying. "Its not your fault."

"But I knew Luke was drunk, I thought she was gonna drive him back home while we hopped a cab." Ashton sobs loudly and everyone turns to us, shooting him a sympathetic look.

"You couldn't help it." Calum holds him. "Luke.. He's okay now, you know? He's got Ryan, I'm sure he's not lonely."

"Yeah, he's probably holding her phone over her head so she can't reach it and she's jumping and punching his chest and calling him mean names." I say, chuckling quietly and Ashton chuckles too.

"I love them both, so much.." Ashton says.

**

Days past and we had to cancel the rest of the tour, with just a few places left to go. We refunded everyone's money and went back home to take care of ourselves.

We canceled the tour because Luke passed away and the band wouldn't be the same without him but I now the manager called it off mostly cause our drummer can't even seem to pick himself out of bed. Guilt, sorrow, anything you could think of, eating him up. He hasn't left his bed in a long time and we can tell its affecting everyone in that house. His mom tries to work as much as she can to keep her mind off her son's crippling depression and his siblings trying to cuddle him and keep him happy with ice cream and Disney movies.
Calum and I tried to invite him to band practice but he always just rolls away and mumbles 'what's the point? We have no lead singer and our biggest fan is dead. And its my fault. Fuck, I should of told them not to drive. I should of known Luke would want to drive her, he's such a gentlemen. Or, he was... I killed a gentlemen..' And he'll continue to cry more.

We thought maybe being behind the drums would fix him but really, its breaking him down now.

You know what phantom pain is, right? Its mainly explained when someone cuts off a limb but they recall to still feel it, as thought it was still there. Veterans say that about an arm they've lost or something.
I think that's what Ashton is developing. And it still hurts cause we try to forget but when we manage to bring all of us together, he'll say something like "where Luke? Its unlike him to be late for something." but then proceed to act like he never said anything.

The same goes for Ryan, he's called her voicemail many times and sent her text messages. He's even wrote her a song.

"Uh.., hi guys, I'm Ashton. I thought of doing a cover myself. Luke hasn't really replied any of my text messages to come join and Calum and Michael didn't want to be involved so im just gonna be me. Me and you guys, the same way its always been. So, uh, this is called Sparks.."

Did I drive you away?
I know what you'll say,
You say, "Oh, sing one we know",
But I promise you this,
I'll always look out for you,
That's what I'll do..."