You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground by Mayday Parade

"So..." Ashton says, rubbing my back as I roll over, facing away from him. 

"Cuddle.." I mumble, shivering at his cold callosed hands. 

"Breakfast? Its on me." Ashton says, rubbing circles on my shoulder blade. 

"Mmm..." I roll over, cuddling into his bare chest,

Bare? What?

"Ashton.. Where's your shirt?" I ask, nuzzling into his arm. "Not that I mind, though.."

"Oh. Mm. Its on the floor." He points. "You're very warm, maybe too warm.. But you look so cute and sad, I couldn't push you off." 

"Breakfast?" I say, slowly getting up and stretching my arms out.

I just smile and pick up his shirt off the ground. I look backs and see that I must of been hogging the blankets cause they're all to one side and Ashton is just barely laying over some. I hand him hisnshirt and begin going through my suitcase.

"What should I wear?" I ask, picking up my suitcase onto my bed and looking at my phone. "It's 10, most breakfast stops surving at 11 or 12, so we need to hurry."

"I know where we can go. Dress casual." He says, throwing his shirt over his shoulder. "I'm gonna go shower and grab stuff, okay. Meet me in the lobby at 10:30." He smiles and heads outs.

I just nod and smile back but seems to be a bit too late cause the door is already closed. I'll dress my best, or as nice as possible. I brush my hair into a high ponytail, my colours seem to be fading but maybe i'll get Lou to help me.

I quickly put on a circle skirt, a t-shirt that says Meow in bold font, my black platform Jeffrey Cambells, a bow under my pony tail and black sunglasses. This breakfast can be nice, I really hope. I'll open up to him, that's what I'll do. Everything will go right this time. And even thought I am still a bit shoken up, I'll be okay. Cause it's just Ashton and I have no reason not to trust him.

I tuck the front of my shirt into my skirt and flatten it before grabbing my phone and bag. I open the door and Ashton isn't there but there's a bit of shouting coming from their room. Could be of excitement or anger, I don't know. I'll just go wait in the lobby for him like he asked.

-

-

-

"Let's go!" Ashton says, reaching over to my hand and pulling me up. "We have a little adventure to go on!" 

I smile and stand up, I scan him quickly with my eyes. He's wearing a denim-like button up, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his signature little black hat on. He's literally perfect.

"Ryan?" He says, still holding the door open for me. "You're staring." He says, laughing.

"Oh. Sorry."

"You like what you see?" He asks and taking my hand again. 

"Of course." I say, reaching up and petting his hair. "So soft."

"Hey!  Don't mess my hair!" He says, fixing it again.

I just laugh and follow a bit behind him. His hand with mine isn't a great electrifying static like you would get with someone you life. It's just warm, and as though I've touched this hand like this millions of times before.

But this is an adventure, and each adventure is different. Like a snowflake.

The sun is shinning almost mid-sky and we're running a bit late, 10:42 to be exact.  But that's no big deal. He turns to me, smiles and opens his mouth as thought he was going to say something but stops and keeps walking, this time picking up his pace.