I'll Be by Edwin McCain

All morning, I've been signing papers with Lou. Well, she's been in the same room as me doing her own thing.  I've been having to fill out papers saying that I'm not just wasting my next year not doing anything. That I'm not just bumming around instead of going to college or university or doing any job. I'm not signed as an american citizen and so it's weird to say I'm working in the states.

I've spent about two hours, from nine to eleven, working on these sheets. It could of taken my just maybe an hour but I keep getting distracted from my phone. I've been waiting for Beat to call me. I heard her new job has been going great and everything is okay.

"You almost done?" Lou asks, putting aside her nail file.

"I think so." I say,fixing my papers into order and stretching my arms out to my side.

"I'm going out. Want to come?" She asks, standing up and smiling.

"I'm waiting for Beat to call me."

"Alright. Have fun." She says, quickly grabbing her bag and nodding at me before smiling.

I stand up, shoving my phone into my jean pocket and standing up. I'm quite tired but excited to head towards St-Petersburg. Not sure why, but anything to get away from here.

I head downstairs quickly, my purse over my shoulder hopeful to go out and find some sort of food. Anything, really. They stop breakfast after 11 and now its 11:27. 

I keep my head low and follow the road until I find a little cafe type. I quickly walk in and examine the tables and the menu.I order a banana muffin and a quick cup of tea before heading over to a little round table in the corner.

There's just a few more days on this tour. I've been counting them down. I-

"Hello?" I say, quickly with my previous train of thought gone completely.

"Where are you? We're looking for you!" It's Ashton. I can hear shouting and giggling in the background until he gives a harsh shhhh.

"I'm out at breakfast." I take a sip of tea. "Why? Do you miss me already?" 

"No. I wanted to ask you something..." His voices trails. "Boys! Fine. I'm going into another room." He grunts and I hear a door close.

"Oh? Shoot."

"We're going to go on a date." He chuckles.

"That's not much of a question." I twirl a piece of hair around my finger as I stare out the window.

"Dress nicely. Meet Luke at the rooms at 4:30." And with that, he hangs up.

I just smile and stare around, admiring the art on the walls and I kinda zoom in and out of the music that's humming quietly in the background.

-

-

-

I sigh, looking at myself in the giant mirror of our room. Ashton wasn't specific on what kind of date this was. A casual one, or a fancy restaurant. So I've tried to get somewhere in the middle with the black dress Lou lent me one of the first time I met them are their own party for the opening of the tour. They nice black one. Not too fancy but I don't look too casual.

I talk to Beat earlier. I told her about the date and she said she already knew. Like, from a few days ago. That Calum and Ashton and Luke and Michael had been planning and shooting ideas to each other. Apparently they asked her her opinion seeing that shes a girl as well.

I smile and head out the door to see luke on the other side.

"Ready to go?" He asks, smiling and offering me his arm for me to take it.