Secret Valentine by We The Kings

"This is my job, no room for screw up. Don't think so highly of yourself, Mikey. I wouldn't sacrifice my job with Lou for revenge with you." I say to him. He just sighs.

"Have you done this before?" He asks.

"Certainly." I say, putting on my gloves. I mix the ingredients and shake the bottles. Brown hair it is. 

"This'll be a big step." He says to me.

"Huh? You already had brown hair." I say, raising my eyebrows.

"It's been a while. I'm gonna miss my rad hair." He says.

"Well, it's too late now." I respond, putting a big glop of dye on my fingers and applying it ton the roots in the back.

"It's cold!" He laughs. I just smile.

I just stand behind him and begin applying all around the back. I start at the roots, slowly working it to the tips. I'm doing a good job avoiding the scalp. In the other room, I hear Lou laughing loudly alongside the other boys. 

At least she's having fun.

Not that I'm not, but Michael and I aren't exactly friends.

I turn the chair so yes facing me and tilt his chin up. He looks me in the eye, but then straight again.

"Touch my boobs and I'll put a line of hair dye across your face." I threaten. He swallows hard and looks up at me.

"What are you into?" He asks me.

"What?"

"I mean, your orientation." He asks me.

"Anything that moves. I mean, I did kiss you." I say to him. 

"K." He says to me with a tone of annoyance.

"Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer." I say to him, finishing up his bangs.

I peel off my gloves and set them inside out on the table. I wave him goodbye and head into the living room with the rest of band. I enter the room and everything is silent. I sit beside Lou.

"So, how did it go?" She asks me, the boys turn to me as well.

"Good." I say to her.

"I hope so, Ryan." She says to me. I see Ashton get up and head towards the kitchen.

"Uh.. okay?" I say. I grab my clothing bag and get up, leaving the room. "Where is the washroom?" I ask them.

"There's one down the hallway to your left." Luke says to me.

I just smile nicely, trying the effort to show I don't completely hate them. I hurry out of the room and quickly passed the boys in the kitchen. I push the bathroom door and head in, quickly.I manage to change nearly as fast as I got in there. 

"I hope they like this.." I say, quietly to myself. "Wait, I don't give a shit." I say to my reflection. 

I leave the room and pull down my dress. As soon as I walk into the kitchen, both boys mutter a "awh". I try to ignore and not blush but a small smile creeps onto my face.

"Go wash out the dye." I say to them. "And if you don't want a brown stained tub, I suggest you lean into then kitchen sink." 

"Aren't you gonna help?" He says, Ashton asking as well behind him.

"And ruin my dress?" I say, gesturing to myself. He just sighs and I leave the room, heading to the living room.

I get the same reaction from Calum and Luke. They both stare a moment until Lou has to snap her fingers to get her attention.