Toast & Bananas By Blink 182

"And you stand with your feet like this.." Izack shows me, one foot pointing the front and his back leg foot pointing the side.

We made our way to a popular skate park in the area of Tempe. Being of California, skating is something Izack said he does a lot of. But 5SOS not being as street athletic, they kicked around a soccer ball in the field next door.

"And push with your black leg, gently. To turn, lean."

He hands me his helmet and lets go of my hand. I know, hand holding right? But that's because I offered it.

I flatten my hair before putting the helmet on. I do as he instructed, pushing myself slowly. I keep my hands to my sides, trying to keep my skirt down but I don't go much faster than I would walking. 

I continue pushing myself, slowly going faster and faster.

"Careful, Ryan!" Izack hollars. 

Before I notice, the board slips from beneath my feet and i fall flat on my back.

"FUCKING HELL!" I shout, rubbing the back of my calf and elbow. "Fucking hell!" 

"You okay?" He offers me a hand to help me up, but I just stay sitting down.

"I'm fine." I pull myself up and look over the the board which is now just sliding around at the bottom of the slope.

"That was pretty good." He unclips the helmet for me. "But I'm sure a skirt isn't the best attire for boarding, eh?" 

"You could say that." I grump and look over at the soccer field. "Do you mind if I go see what their doing?" I ask, smiling.

"Of course not." He heads down the ramp, retreiving his board.

I curse under my breath and slowly make my way across the park, towards the fence of the field. I stare for a minute until Luke waves. I smile and just continue watching.

"They're pretty good, eh?" I jump for a minute, seeing Izack behind me again.

"Oh. Yeah." I shiver. "I think I wanna go to the hotel.." I point to the sun which is nearly down.

"I'd take you to your hotel but we're staying in a completely different one.." He shrugs. "I think uhm.. the curly haired one.. Ashton?" He smiles, pointing to him. "Offered to give you a ride with them." He waves them all over. Luke kicks the ball in our direction and they all burst into a little jog.

"Hey, mate!" Calum chuckles between breaths.

"Hey. When are you guys heading home?" Izack asks, draping an arm over my shoulder. I pull away and just nod.

"Oh. Like, half-an-hour. How come?" Luke asks, speaking for Calum.

"We're heading home. Ryan just told me she's cold." He points to me. "She scrapped herself." He says before patting my back and heading in the direction to meet with his band.

"Well, you head home. Nice chilling! See you tomorrow, guys." They all say. 

"You can have my sweater." Ashton says, pulling at his sleeves.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want you to get cold." I bit my lip.

"You're nearly naked, I'm sure I'm warmer." He laughs a bit and throws his sweater of the fence for me. 

"Oh. Thanks." 

"It looks nice on you anyways." He says to me as I zip it up. I feel my cheeks turn a bit red.

"Back to the match!" Calum says, kicking the ball far away and running after it.

*ASHTONS POV* (wait i dont know if this'll make sense but it'll be the last part but from ashtons point of view/??)

"I'm so stuffed." Michael says, bopping from side to side infront of the net.

"Yeah. The other band is real chill!" Calum says, running behind me as I lead with the ball.

"Ryan looked interested in Zach." I say, kicking it toward the net as Michael dives.

"Izack." Luke corrects. "Boo!" He yells as I gain another point.

"Whatever." I stand for a minute, looking at them.

"Why does it matter, anyways?" Luke asks, taunting me. He wiggles his eyebrows.

"It doesn't." I take the ball from Michael and pull it to the center of the field again. 

I stand face to face with Calum, who's making a pouty lip at me. His puppy face won't win. And neither will Luke's teasing. I don't like her, she's rude.

I kick the ball and begin heading down the field, ignoring Calum shouting after me.

"Wait look!" Calum shouts, pointing to the fence.

"Go away, Calum. You're upset cause you're only good at FIFA and not real soccer."

"Hey!" Luke comes infront of me, kicking the ball across the field. "Stop being a grouch!" He punches my arm.

"Yeah." Calum gives me another one of his pouts before heading over the the fence where Izack and Ryan stood.

Ryan is shivering and her arms are wrapped around her waist, covering as much exposed skin as possible. It's her own fault that she dressed so nicely..

Well, not interily, she wasn't prepared for the outdoors.

".... And she's cold." I snap into the conversation, listening to Izack again. "And she scrapped herself."

"You can have my sweater." I snap a bit too fast.

Before I pay any attention to what she's saying, I begin pulling off the sleeves and unzipping it. I throw it over the fence and watch her put it on. I feel Michael nudge my side but I just ignore him.

"You sure?" She bites at her lip suttuly.

"You're nearly naked." I cringe at what I just said. "I'm sure I'm warmer." 

"Thanks." She rubs her elbow before putting it on. It drapes off her shoulders. It could eat her up, literally.

"It looks nice on you, anyways." I smile before turning away into the field again.

"Okay.." I hear Luke say awkwardly behind me.

"Back to the game!" The soccer ball flies right beside me and i hear everyone's footsteps.

* BACK TO RYANS POV* 

"Uh.. Okay.." I smile and pull the sides of his sweater around me, hugging myself tight.

I breath in, smelling cologne and leafy trees. Not bad, I smile. 

I look around, trying to find any opening to get to the other but there is none near by. I could climb it.. that is, if is weren't wear a nice skirt.

They all run around in the field, shouting at each other. But mostly at Michael who keeps pulling out his phone to check the time. He misses another shot and they gain another goal.

I chuckle and check my own phone. Glowing on my screen is 9PM and a little text message from my mom. I shrug and put my phone back in my pocket. I can just read it later..

I begin following the fence, letting my fingers trail on the cold metal and kicking a little rock infront of me.

I may be hard to others but on the inside I do know how to enjoy the little things, like this. The smell of his oversized sweater and the sunset and the sound of cars humming by. 

Maybe I could let Irwin in.

Just maybe.