Homesick by A Day To Remember

Authors note:

I just kinda skipped the bus ride from Chicago to New Yorks cause I didn't have much idea for it and felt if I added it, it would make the story seem like its dragging on.

Also, photo I added is what I imagine ryans tattoo to be like

THANKS FOR THE ALMOST 10 K I SO EXCITED 

-----

I pull at the hem of my shirt, sighing. It was cold here in New York, the breeze a bit chilly but Michael stole Asthon's denim jacket for me so I wore it over my 5SOS shirt. I felt kinda happy today. I was wearing Ashton's sweater and merch from them. 

I've never really talked to them about how big of a fan I am on the inside but any moment is spent around them, very very very very very very very deep inside, I'm nearly screaming. Maybe cause we didn't start off too well but now we're all pretty close. I'd like to think so, though This is all quite ironic, though, cause I was a Michael girl. But wow, he's a dick. Wow! wow! He's really nice, funny when he wants to be but somehow, the giggly dorky boy won my heart. 

I can't believe I'm saying this. Ugh, fucking hell.

Apparently, on the bus ride yesterday, Michael called in to a tattoo parlor in New York here for our appointments. He didn't mention to me what he was getting and I'm not too sure myself so we're gonna wing it. I've got a good idea, I think, but... I'm not sure. It'll be on my body forever. I know, I probably seem like someone who wouldn't give a single fuck about having something on their body forever but I feel like this should mean something. 

"So, have you thought of anything?" Michael asks, looking both ways before running across the street. He grabs my hand and pulls me behind him, running and keeping his head low.

"Kinda." Which wasn't a complete lie but I mostly planned on looking through the artists book and seeing what would be good. I know what I want to represent, I just don't know how. The one time I know my feelings but I can't seem to express them. UGH.

"Well, I have my own idea. I was kinda talking to the artist, you know? I think I want I skull with a scroll around it that says '5SOS FAM'." He says and then nods, as thought he had just came up with it and then was going along with it. 

"That's so cute." I smile. "I didn't know you had feelings, I'm so proud." I chuckled as he holds the door for me.

"I wouldn't be talking, shy guy." He says and then steps up to the front desk.

I kinda seem to trail behind him and take in everything around. Assortment of tin posters and neon signs are all up across the wall and some graffiti art in a corner. Everything is what would assume a modern tattoo parlor to be like except this one has 2 artists inside, sitting down and twiddling their fingers.

"Ryan?" Michael turns around and gives hand signal to come closer. "This is Crim." He smiles.

"Hello, Ryan." Crim says and I take his hand, giving it a small shake. This guy is really short, or he seems so beside Michael. He looks very hipstery, round plastic lenses, a dress shirt and tie and a band bracelet from bands that only he knows exists. His tattoos are all arty and he probably forgets what everyone of them mean; there's so many. "Pleasure." He smiles and hands me a book. "Michael was saying you wanted to look around?" 

I nod and take the book but pause for a minute, looking at the black leather cover. It seemed as thought as I touched the book, I knew instantly what I wanted. Everything makes sense.

"I think I'm good. I know what I want." I just smile at Crim and then a bit at Michael who has an eyebrow raised.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod.

"Well, follow me." Crim says, coming out from behind the desk and leads me towards the back room. "Michael insisted you went first so he could watch and make sure you're okay." 

I give a subtle glare at Michael and I just laughed nervously. I went to sit at his desk which was just a mess of paper and he scurried to try and clean it up. I smile and sit down cautiously, trying not to knock anything off.

"So, tell me your idea and I'll dot it down." He smiles, reaching for the pencil from behind his ear.

"A slingshot." I say confidently.

"A slingshot?" Crim says, reassuringly.

"A slingshot?" Michael says questioningly.

"Yeah," I smile, proud of myself.

"What the fuck? Why?" Michael says, pulling a rolly chair next to me.

"Well, I was thinking this or grenade." I run my free hand through my hair, the other one busy with Crim sketching down on my wrist. "Cause I hurt people, Michael. And I'm not proud but a slingshot is better. I can hurt people, really badly. Or, I can be funny and fun. It just all depends on how I go about, you know?" I say and he relaxes his face as though he does know. "I'm not really good at explaining my feelings and stuff." 

"That sounded pretty good to me." Crim pitches in, grinning.

***

"Let me see it!" All the boys cry as I comb through Ashtons hair with a comb. 

"It's still healing a bit and gross. Maybe when it's all better." I tease, finishing up Calum's hair and he just pulls away and gives me a pout face. I shake my head and all simultaneously, they all shoot me the same face.

"Later, okay?" I nod and they all cheer.

"Lads." Ashton says, standing up and I just widen my eyes as all the boys leave the room. 

"What? Where are you g-" Luke slams the door behind him and interrupts me. "Ash-" I get interrupted again, Ashtons lips crashing onto mine.

I kinda stumble backwards and he walks with me, nearly pushing me onto the door. He puts one hand beside my head, the other one on my hip, rubbing the little bit of exposed skin with his thumb.

"Ash.." I say between kisses.

"Mhm?" He says, his eyes closed and his lips travel to my neck. He nibbles and I try and stiffle a little moan.

"S-stop,.." I saybut my eyes squint a bit as I grab the sides of his face, pulling him to eye level.

"Hm?" He says, batting his eyes innocently but grinning mischievously.

"Wait till after the show."